Question Should I order an aftermarket cooler?

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
I have a Ryzen 5 1600 AF with the Wraith Steal stock cooler. Today, when I was recording gameplay of Dead by Daylight at medium settings I saw that my CPU was spiking up to 65 degrees celsius, sometimes 70 even with my custom fan curve.

I don't know if this is damaging my CPU so I came here to post asking if I should purchase an aftermarket cooler. I was looking at Deepcool GAMMAXX 200T and it seemed pretty good for the low price it is. Anyways, what do you guys think?

70 degrees is well within the temperature limit. If I'm not mistaken Ryzen chips go up to 100 degrees. If they're over 80 degrees, I'd start worrying. 70 is still fine.

Those Wraith Stealth coolers are pretty good, if you want to replace it and actually notice a change, you'll have to spend upwards of 40 bucks/euros to see a noticeable, worthwhile result.

Reactions: CountMike

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
70 degrees is well within the temperature limit. If I'm not mistaken Ryzen chips go up to 100 degrees. If they're over 80 degrees, I'd start worrying. 70 is still fine.

Those Wraith Stealth coolers are pretty good, if you want to replace it and actually notice a change, you'll have to spend upwards of 40 bucks/euros to see a noticeable, worthwhile result.
Well when I was recording my gameplay, I actually exported my Audacity file and it went up to 75 degrees celsisus - just for a few seconds though.

I'm thinking of just keeping the cooler because my case fan hub is really fidgety and everytime I open up my PC to fix/change something about 9/10 times one of the fans won't be on and spinning.

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
ryzen 3000/5000 80C under load is normal temperature, those tiny chiplets are hard to cool down, small surface space to transfer heat
I just noticed when I'm editing videos whenever my CPU spikes to high temperatures, my playback in the software slows down - making it almost impossible to smoothly edit. Will buying a cooler help this issue? Or will it reach the same temps just quieter.