should i overclock my 1700 further and is my chip a above average chip?

Apr 10, 2018
http://

as you can see my 1700 is clocked to 3.7ghz @ 1.1875 so i was woundering if i should push the 1700 further? the pc runs great and i am worried about effecting the life span of this chip if i do decide to push it harder. also do most 1700s overclock to 3.7 with the voltage my CPU is at

Asrock b350 pro 4
Stock CPU Cooler set to performance mode
i did not touch any voltage settings and i overclocked via bios

Solution
Temps under load? Up to 1.35v and whatever clocks you can get at that voltage is considered pretty safe assuming you can keep it cool. However mobo VRM temps will also be a concern the more you increase voltage.

However like the above poster said, do you need to? Unless you are doing a lot of cpu productivity tasks or you have a powerful GPU that can make use of the faster CPU clocks in games then it is quite pointless to overclock any further.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Temps under load? Up to 1.35v and whatever clocks you can get at that voltage is considered pretty safe assuming you can keep it cool. However mobo VRM temps will also be a concern the more you increase voltage.

However like the above poster said, do you need to? Unless you are doing a lot of cpu productivity tasks or you have a powerful GPU that can make use of the faster CPU clocks in games then it is quite pointless to overclock any further.

Solution