Question Should I put 3 RAM Sticks in my current system?

Lucas G

Prominent
Dec 20, 2021
So I just bought new RAM sticks for a really good deal (2x8 DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaw V 3000MHz) since 1 of my old RAM Sticks died (2x8 DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz). The issue I was having with one of the sticks was that files were being corrupted so I did a scan and realized one had died. So now that I have 3 RAM sticks in my possesion should I put them all in my system or would that take away from the performance? Thanks again.

PC Specs:

Motherboard: B450 Pro Carbon AC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: PowerColor Radeon 570x
RAM: G.Skill RipJaw V 3000 mhz
GPU: EVGA 450W

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You should work with a matched set, in this case, the DDR4-3000MHz ram kit. Mixing and matching them both can lead to instability issues. IMHO, you should've looked into a DDR4-3200Mhz ram kit as a replacement kit. The Ryzen platform you have benefits from that frequency(not capacity).

Lucas G

Prominent
Dec 20, 2021
You should work with a matched set, in this case, the DDR4-3000MHz ram kit. Mixing and matching them both can lead to instability issues. IMHO, you should've looked into a DDR4-3200Mhz ram kit as a replacement kit. the Ryzen platform you have benefits from that frequency(not capacity).
So I shouldn't mix and match the RAM even though they both are DDR4?

So I just bought new RAM sticks for a really good deal (2x8 DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaw V 3000MHz) since 1 of my old RAM Sticks died (2x8 DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz). The issue I was having with one of the sticks was that files were being corrupted so I did a scan and realized one had died. So now that I have 3 RAM sticks in my possesion should I put them all in my system or would that take away from the performance? Thanks again.

PC Specs:

Motherboard: B450 Pro Carbon AC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: PowerColor Radeon 570x
RAM: G.Skill RipJaw V 3000 mhz
GPU: EVGA 450W
Connect just the new sticks of ram.
Run your stuff.
Are you using all 16GB of ram?