Should I reinstall windows after upgrading mobo/cpu/gpu?

Apr 5, 2018
So a few days ago I upgraded from a H81M-DS2 mobo, i3-4160 and gtx 750 ti to Asrock Z370 extreme4 mobo, i5-8600k cpu and gtx 1080. I kept my old hard drives, both with windows 8.1 pro on them installed. So once i selected the boot device it started windows, said "checking devices" and then I signed in and got to the desktop. The network adapter driver and some other drivers weren't installed so I went to the mobo's website and downloaded the Intel Lan driver ver:22.10 and INF driver ver:10.1.1.45 from another pc of course. Put them on flash and installed them on the PC needing the drivers. Once i restarted, everything seemed fine in device manager with no errors and I had internet connection.

Haven't experienced any problems so far but I was expecting having to reinstall windows because that seemed to be the result for a lot of people. So my question is, should i still reinstall windows to fix some potential problems that might occur? or was the driver issues the only real problem with not reinstalling?

Solution
As a general rule, windows installation from scratch is mostly required when performing platform change from intel to amd and vice versa, or when doing a large generational jump between chipsets (i.e. from intel G41 chipset to Z270). You did neither; only a few drivers were required as you were able to see. And as long as you don't experience any issues, there is no need to install from scratch.
As a general rule, windows installation from scratch is mostly required when performing platform change from intel to amd and vice versa, or when doing a large generational jump between chipsets (i.e. from intel G41 chipset to Z270). You did neither; only a few drivers were required as you were able to see. And as long as you don't experience any issues, there is no need to install from scratch.

Solution
Apr 5, 2018

Decent, thank you