[SOLVED] Should I replace my laptop or hard drive ?

Aug 7, 2021
So.. I've got my only and very old Acer Aspire 4530 laptop that is crippled (potential Motherboard issues, Broken hardisk, etc)

Because of the pandemic my parents income has decreased significantly and I cannot afford to buy a laptop, even a cheap one.

So.. The question is should I wait till I have money (probably will took a very long time) to buy a brand new laptop, or should I replace the broken hardisk with the potentially problematic motherboard?

Note : I need a laptop for programming and designing my diy projects..

Solution
So.. I've got my only and very old Acer Aspire 4530 laptop that is crippled (potential Motherboard issues, Broken hardisk, etc)

Because of the pandemic my parents income has decreased significantly and I cannot afford to buy a laptop, even a cheap one.

So.. The question is should I wait till I have money (probably will took a very long time) to buy a brand new laptop, or should I replace the broken hardisk with the potentially problematic motherboard?

You can buy a used laptop faster laptop than yours for maybe $150. Lenovo T430/430s are great reliable systems, and you can stick a cheap 250gb SSD in one to make it run as fast as many new laptops.
If you...
wait till you have money, also today mobile hdd is SMR so you would avoid that one, best hdd for now is Wd black for mobile (yea ik this is dumb but thats how the industry goes)

Grab a SSD instead, since laptop hdd todays are smr and hard to find cmr one.

You can buy a used laptop faster laptop than yours for maybe $150. Lenovo T430/430s are great reliable systems, and you can stick a cheap 250gb SSD in one to make it run as fast as many new laptops.
If you want, buy an SSD for your system, if that does not fix the issues, then just swap it into another system.

Solution