[SOLVED] Should I replace my wifi card or the problem is only driver?

May 4, 2021
I have a brand new laptop and its wifi card is Intel AX200 wifi 6 when I speed test near the wifi which is on the secondfloor of our house it reaches 70mbps then after a few seconds it drops to 50-55 mbps which is fine because our wifi plan is really 50mbps only but when Im at the ground floor of our house its only 1-10mbps when my phone and other devices still reaches 40-50mbps. I tried to change the wifi driver but when I try the other versions even when im at the second floor it only reaches 1-5mbps and when I use a usb wifi dongle at the ground floor it reaches 25-40mbps. What do you think is the problem? Is the wifi card faulty?
Laptop Aorus 15gkc
Wifi card Intel AX200
Windows 10 home 19042.928

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling the WiFi adapter's drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. You should also state the make and model of your router, where it's positioned in your crib and check to see if it's got any firmware updates pending. FYI, you should alsways move forward, i.e, always be on the latest driver revisions.

May 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling the WiFi adapter's drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. You should also state the make and model of your router, where it's positioned in your crib and check to see if it's got any firmware updates pending. FYI, you should alsways move forward, i.e, always be on the latest driver revisions.
Hello thanks you for helping me but this happens when I try to install my wifi driver, Installation failure
please resolve these errors and retry installation: A newer product version has been installed. For more information , see the log files in the following location: Log folder. My bios is on the latest version.

May 4, 2021
The weird this is when I use the new driver that has a problem and instead of using dual band I use 2.4GHz 802.11g, It reaches 30-55mbps but when I switched back to dual band the speed is only 5-10mbps.

D

Deleted member 14196

Did you even look at the log files that they pointed you too? Did you read them? That will tell you what is failing

May 4, 2021
I looked but I cant understand a thing , do you think replacing the wifi card will fix this? I just want this to be fixed I'm tired of finding a solution it's already been two weeks.
Did you even look at the log files that they pointed you too? Did you read them? That will tell you what is failing

May 4, 2021
2.4GHz signals travel better through solid objects and can travel further without degradation so what you're experiencing is likely to be completely normal.

Your other devices that work well on the ground floor may be using 2.4GHz too rather than 5GHz.
But when I use the older driver and it is in dual band it still reaches 40-55mbps, why is that?

D

Deleted member 14196

I looked but I cant understand a thing , do you think replacing the wifi card will fix this? I just want this to be fixed I'm tired of finding a solution it's already been two weeks.
Post the files so that we can read them. Put them in your dropbox or your Google Drive or something like that where you can share them

May 4, 2021
I thought you said you only got those speeds on the second floor - near your router.

Or are you querying the reason behind the speed differences of 30-55mbps & 40-55mbps?
I get those even when im at the ground floor if im using the 2.4GHz but when switch to dual band the signal is <Mod Edit> even at the second floor using the new driver. The old driver even when I'm at the ground floor the signal is good even when using dual band.

Last edited by a moderator: