[SOLVED] Should i reset my OS when installing a new motherboard manufacturer?

I am upgrading my am3+ motherboard (ga78lmt) to an Asus prime b450ma with a ryzen 5 2600 and a lot of posts and threads led me to the question, do I need to wipe my disk before I install my motherboard from Gigabyte to Asus? Or will I be fine without doing it. I have a dozen of games on my hard disk and it will take a very long time to install every game. Thanks

Solution
have no plans on buying an ssd
I'd seriously suggest you reconsider this. Every modern pc should have an SSD.
With SSD system boots faster, windows updates install faster, virusscan works faster, system is more responsive. Nobody, who ever have used ssd, would want to go back to system without it.

USAFRet

Titan
I am upgrading my am3+ motherboard (ga78lmt) to an Asus prime b450ma with a ryzen 5 2600 and a lot of posts and threads led me to the question, do I need to wipe my disk before I install my motherboard from Gigabyte to Asus? Or will I be fine without doing it. I have a dozen of games on my hard disk and it will take a very long time to install every game. Thanks
"should you" is often overcome by "you must".

There is no 100% guarantee either way.

Switching parts like this, there are 3 possible outcomes:
  1. It boots up just fine.
  2. It fails completely.
  3. It boots up, but you're chasing issues for weeks or months.
I've seen all 3.
With a motherboard change, a clean install is always recommended, often required.

What OS is this?
What drives are involved here?

"should you" is often overcome by "you must".

There is no 100% guarantee either way.

Switching parts like this, there are 3 possible outcomes:
  1. It boots up just fine.
  2. It fails completely.
  3. It boots up, but you're chasing issues for weeks or months.
I've seen all 3.
With a motherboard change, a clean install is always recommended, often required.

What OS is this?
What drives are involved here?

So currently i am using Windows 10, and a Gigabyte motherboard with an AM3+ Chipset, soon to be a Asus B450 with an AM4 Chipset. All i would like to do is boot up my OS and test if my games work fine, then reinstall windows. Hopefully it can happen but regardless i was planning on a reset but wanted to test my games first just to make sure everything is working correctly. I am using a 1TB HDD and have no plans on buying an ssd

USAFRet

Titan
So currently i am using Windows 10, and a Gigabyte motherboard with an AM3+ Chipset, soon to be a Asus B450 with an AM4 Chipset. All i would like to do is boot up my OS and test if my games work fine, then reinstall windows. Hopefully it can happen but regardless i was planning on a reset but wanted to test my games first just to make sure everything is working correctly. I am using a 1TB HDD and have no plans on buying an ssd
"Testing" that way introduces too many variables. Doesn't really prove anything.

If it boots up but has issues, is it because of the new hardware, or is it the new hardware + old OS.

Similarly if it fails to boot up.

I'd seriously suggest you reconsider this. Every modern pc should have an SSD.
With SSD system boots faster, windows updates install faster, virusscan works faster, system is more responsive. Nobody, who ever have used ssd, would want to go back to system without it.

Ill take a look, i realised i have a few leftovers so i might see in buying a cheap ssd. Maybe a 250gb one for 20£