[SOLVED] Should I send a dead motherboard back for repair?

Jun 29, 2020
I bought a Gigabyte B550M- DS3H motherboard 2 months ago. It was DOA. They could not replace it, due to the pandemic. Since, it's been 2 months i am now frustrated and have been thinking about the option that they gave about 'trying' to repair it if possible. I wanted to know should I take this option or buy a b450 motherboard?

I bought a Gigabyte B550M- DS3H motherboard 2 months ago. It was DOA. They could not replace it, due to the pandemic. Since, it's been 2 months i am now frustrated and have been thinking about the option that they gave about 'trying' to repair it if possible. I wanted to know should I take this option or buy a b450 motherboard?

Regardless of the pandemic either the seller or the manufacturer either has to refund you or replace it under almost all countries laws regarding warranties pandemic or not.

As far as "fixing" it unless you know specifically whats wrong with it can range from something simple to something extremely complex that require special tools.

Who said they would try and "fix" it? If it was the seller I wouldn't let any seller try and repair any electronic if my life depended on it, electronic repair specifically complex computer repair is not something a guy who thinks hes good with a solder gun can do.

Jun 29, 2020
Regardless of the pandemic either the seller or the manufacturer either has to refund you or replace it under almost all countries laws regarding warranties pandemic or not.

As far as "fixing" it unless you know specifically whats wrong with it can range from something simple to something extremely complex that require special tools.

Who said they would try and "fix" it? If it was the seller I wouldn't let any seller try and repair any electronic if my life depended on it, electronic repair specifically complex computer repair is not something a guy who thinks hes good with a solder gun can do.
MY bad. I forgot to mention i gave it to the Gigabyte people for RMA replacement and they are the people who will try to fix it. And i have the B450 option with the seller. Also to mention the online seller did not have a return/ replacement policy so i could not do anything. How likely is it that this motherboard will give me future problems should it get 'fixed'?
Thanks for your help!
I have a R3 3300x, 16GB ram, 1650 Super, 550V supply

MY bad. I forgot to mention i gave it to the Gigabyte people for RMA replacement and they are the people who will try to fix it. And i have the B450 option with the seller. Also to mention the online seller did not have a return/ replacement policy so i could not do anything. How likely is it that this motherboard will give me future problems should it get 'fixed'?
Thanks for your help!
I have a R3 3300x, 16GB ram, 1650 Super, 550V supply

If its fixed by the manufacturer then most likely it will be alright. On top of that it should carry the warranty of a new board so if you do have issues you can send it back.

Now there is a big but, the issue is with them saying they'll give you a refurbished board it doesn't mean you will get your specific board back. Personally since it was DOA I would demand a new replacement.

Jun 29, 2020
If its fixed by the manufacturer then most likely it will be alright. On top of that it should carry the warranty of a new board so if you do have issues you can send it back.

Now there is a big but, the issue is with them saying they'll give you a refurbished board it doesn't mean you will get your specific board back. Personally since it was DOA I would demand a new replacement.
What about the B450 option brother?

I think you should demand a new replacement board. I think Gigabyte are confusing "can't replace" with "don't want to replace"

Send it back for RMA repair.
I did this once with Gigabyte and it turned out ok.
Cost me $50 for a cpu socket repair.
Consider buying a replacement motherboard of whatever kind you want.
You will not be without a pc for less time.

Then when you get the repaired motherboard back(it may take two months) sell it unopened.

TRENDING THREADS