[SOLVED] Should I stress test a used GTX 970 before buying it ?

Feb 8, 2020
A used GTX 970 is available to me for $85 and i was planning on buying it due to the lack of options and budget. I was wondering if i should stress test it with 3DMark Firestrike before buying it ? Can Firestrike damage a good card ? earlier i was planning on running Furmark but after reading that it can damage good hardware i changed to Firestrike, can Firestrike damage good hardware or reduce its life ?

The seller is a friend who says the card runs fine but i'm worried about the card crashing under heavy loads on games like the Witcher 3 ?
Any help is appreciated. :)

Solution
I would do the deal if he will give you 30 days to return it if it does not meet your needs.

Even mid/lower end newer cards are more than twice that so it depends on your budget -- I recently got a GTX 1600 for one of my lower end machines but it was way more than $85. I probably should have stolen my GTX970 back from the GF who just surfs the Internet. ;)

RealBeast

Titan
I would do the deal if he will give you 30 days to return it if it does not meet your needs.

Even mid/lower end newer cards are more than twice that so it depends on your budget -- I recently got a GTX 1600 for one of my lower end machines but it was way more than $85. I probably should have stolen my GTX970 back from the GF who just surfs the Internet. ;)

Solution