Question Should I take my PC to a professional?

Mar 9, 2024
Hello, so I just built my first PC, sadly it will not run games. I can load into them and play for a little bit before it crashes or says network error. It runs perfect when im not gaming. SMH.
My FPS will not cap passed 30.
I have updated windows, updated my motherboard and my GPU, downloaded certain software to track the utilization for my CPU & GPU. Even temporarily deactivated my firewall to see if that was the problem. It was not, all of my settings were on low graphics , shaders the whole 9 yards. My CPU & GPU are not overheating while they sit comfortably at 20-35C. Im at a loss and hoping someone on here can help me try and figure it out.

GPU: XFX Speedster MERC13 AMD Radeon RX 7900RX XTX
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core
PowerSupply: GAMEMAX 850W80 80 Plus Gold
Liquid cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series (2 sticks) 32GB

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
Might be worth asking any friends with some experience in PCs to come take a look in person, in exchange for pizza :) Could be something straightforward that isn’t obvious to us in the interweb. I’d try that before paying a professional $/hr - something I’d leave as last resort. :)

In the meantime a photo of your setup might help us begin some troubleshooting on your behalf, including a motherboard view.

Mar 9, 2024
Might be worth asking any friends with some experience in PCs to come take a look in person, in exchange for pizza :) Could be something straightforward that isn’t obvious to us in the interweb. I’d try that before paying a professional $/hr - something I’d leave as last resort. :)

In the meantime a photo of your setup might help us begin some troubleshooting on your behalf, including a motherboard view.

In the meantime a photo of your setup might help us begin some troubleshooting on your behalf, including a motherboard vie
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C4Uv7I0MBkQ/?img_index=1

this was the best I could do, its my personal insta post of what it looks like!
Also, I sadly don't know anyone in person that is experienced in any PC or I definitely would have! haha

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
The cooler LED is saying your temps are 164 and 86. I assume Fahrenheit? Idle or under load? 164F is warm for an idle CPU. Even for load, with a water cooler. Or is it a number for something else?

The bottom and side fans also seem to be oriented to be sucking air out of the case. Probably better if they blew air into the case, and the rear/top fans sucked air out. Did I read the fan orientation correctly?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024
The cooler LED is saying your temps are 164 and 86. I assume Fahrenheit? Idle or under load? 164F is warm for an idle CPU. Even for load, with a water cooler. Or is it a number for something else?

The bottom and side fans also seem to be oriented to be sucking air out of the case. Probably better if they blew air into the case, and the rear/top fans sucked air out. Did I read the fan orientation correctly?
It is Fahrenheit, it is idle right now. It is still at 164 & 86, water cooler. Sometimes when I run this certain games it actually drops to 140F and GPU will still be 80s
I just checked and the bottom and side fans are both sucking air in, I bought the case with the fans already built in them. The only fans that I put in myself was my liquid cooler fans that are blowing air in.
None of the fans are exhaust.

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
The only fans that I put in myself was my liquid cooler fans that are blowing air in.
None of the fans are exhaust.
It may not explain everything, but I think the airflow could be improved. The CPU radiator fans probably should be set to suck air out of the case (i.e. exhaust) when it's mounted up top. Same with the rear fan. Leave the base and front fans sucking air into the case.

See how it goes after that.

Mar 9, 2024
It may not explain everything, but I think the airflow could be improved. The CPU radiator fans probably should be set to suck air out of the case (i.e. exhaust) when it's mounted up top. Same with the rear fan. Leave the base and front fans sucking air into the case.

See how it goes after that.
Noted! I could change the fans around that’s no problem. Makes sense cause heat essentially rises so I would be sucking the warm air back in.
I’ll try that, but if it don’t at least help a bit I’ll be at a loss still 🥲

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
Once the airflow is corrected we can take that out of the equation and then look at what happens during stress test, e.g. Cinebench CPU + GPU whilst watching HWinfo64 live monitors. I'm sure others here will also contribute good troubleshooting ideas. (Diagnosis before therapy.)

Reactions: AngelicKay