[SOLVED] Should I trust sites (eg. Allkeysshop.com) that sell windows 10 codes at like 5€?

There's always a risk of it either not working, or the codes being obtained illegally.

I personally bought one key code for a 64-Bit Windows Professional around 17 dollars a while back and it worked. I did have to contact Microsoft through the electronic validation system (call a toll free number) though.

D

Deleted member 14196

You can run windows 10 unactivated as long as you like with just a few limitations like not being able to set your wallpaper. That way you can upgrade and use it for as long as you like until you can afford a license

D

Deleted member 14196

If something looks too good to be true then it probably is. Probably in illegally obtained license key for that price and there’s no guarantee that any of them will work as stated above

Reactions: Colif

Colif

Win 11 Master
If something looks too good to be true then it probably is. Probably in illegally obtained license key for that price and there’s no guarantee that any of them will work as stated above

this, if you can get it for way cheaper than what MS themselves sell it for, there is a risk it might stop working in future. I much prefer to play it safe and buy from a reputable site.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is having the license stop working, the worst case scenario?

Probably. If you only use the code and use a legit installer from Microsoft. the worst outcome is it deactivates licence... and well, all that does is ads a watermark to desktop and stops you using a few settings...

Deactivation really isn't that terrible.. that is unless Microsoft change their minds and make it more restrictive. One mod has run win 10 inactivated for over 2 years now, on one of his PC. We waiting for something to happen.

I wouldn't even buy a licence if you know that 1 day might come where you have to buy it for windows to keep running. To install win 10 on a PC with no licence, you just click "I don't have a key" on the screen where you input licence, and PC will continue to install and remain inactivated.

Why pay $5 or so for a licence that might fail and leave you inactivated, when you can just run inactivated anyway?

reputable sites probably depends on where you are

Oct 24, 2015
Probably. If you only use the code and use a legit installer from Microsoft. the worst outcome is it deactivates licence... and well, all that does is ads a watermark to desktop and stops you using a few settings...

Deactivation really isn't that terrible.. that is unless Microsoft change their minds and make it more restrictive. One mod has run win 10 inactivated for over 2 years now, on one of his PC. We waiting for something to happen.

I wouldn't even buy a licence if you know that 1 day might come where you have to buy it for windows to keep running. To install win 10 on a PC with no licence, you just click "I don't have a key" on the screen where you input licence, and PC will continue to install and remain inactivated.

Why pay $5 or so for a licence that might fail and leave you inactivated, when you can just run inactivated anyway?

5€ is no big deal for a "may stop". As long as Microsoft can take no legal action against you.

Oct 24, 2015

So I can build a brand new system that never had OS and just click "I don't have a key"? And it will install a win10 version that lacks a few elements, like no background and ads?
I can just pick wind 10 on a completely empty brand new ssd??

Colif

Win 11 Master
Just as long as you know MS could change that at any time, and then you need to buy a licence.

Main reason the option for "I don't have a key" exists is 99% of the people who upgraded from 7 or 8 don't know their key. What is meant to happen is after you are installed, windows 10 checks a server that has details of every WIndows 10 PC on it, and matches the details of your PC against that database, and if it exists, it is activated. In your case, it won't find it.

Oct 24, 2015
Just as long as you know MS could change that at any time, and then you need to buy a licence.

Main reason the option for "I don't have a key" exists is 99% of the people who upgraded from 7 or 8 don't know their key. What is meant to happen is after you are installed, windows 10 checks a server that has details of every WIndows 10 PC on it, and matches the details of your PC against that database, and if it exists, it is activated. In your case, it won't find it.
That was a pretty helpful article.
Since it's for somebody else, I'll try the no-key stuff and, if the no-background feature bugs him, I'll have him get this seemingly OK key :
https://www.gamers-outlet.net/buy-w...m&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

Apr 13, 2019
I recommend a place (google search keyscodes) to get windows 10 product key.Because i got 2 keys from there last year,both of them still worked fine.Maybe I'm lucky,or they are really genuine ones.

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
how does a re-seller make money buying something for $100 and then selling it for $5 or $10?? it's simple, they don't. they either don't use their own money (as in stolen credit cards) or are selling something they did not buy but stole from someone else. such as stolen volume keys or bulk rate keys (still not this cheap from MS) that are not meant to be sold stand-alone like this.

there are ways to get them cheaper from MS but not $5 each for sure. just something to think about when looking at these places. "mine is still good" may only mean MS has not caught them yet, but does not mean you are still not supporting illegal activity or other nefarious deeds.

Any other sites, for cheap OS, recommendations?

Linux is free ;)

There is no special cheap discounts you will find for Windows that is not partially shady. Those cheap keys are often un-used OEM codes that are not allowed to be sold without the system they go with by MS license agreements.

Windows license costs what it costs. If you want to risk buying it cheaper, up to you. It may work fine, it may not, you are gambling that vs a cheap price.