[SOLVED] Should I uninstall programs on ssd and hdd before doing a clean install of Windows 10?

CBaca

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
I am planning to do a clean install of Windows 10. It is currently installed on my ssd and I also have an hdd where all the documents, pictures, etc. are saved and also some other programs installed. Should I uninstall the programs on the hdd before I do the clean reinstall of Windows? I know I will have to reinstall those programs after the clean install is done. Just wondering if uninstalling them before hand will avoid potential problems?

Solution
the programs on the second drive may still work depending on what they are. a lot of folks store steam games on a second drive. those can be brought back into steam after the install so are worth saving. however other programs may need to be reinstalled after.

check on what specific programs you have and whether they can be saved or not. your data is fine and can stay where it is no problem.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the programs on the second drive may still work depending on what they are. a lot of folks store steam games on a second drive. those can be brought back into steam after the install so are worth saving. however other programs may need to be reinstalled after.

check on what specific programs you have and whether they can be saved or not. your data is fine and can stay where it is no problem.

Solution

CBaca

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Thanks for the info. I do have Steam and Blizzard games on the hdd and another couple of programs. Can't remember, but I may have installed Steam directly on the hdd, will have to check when I get home. I will disconnect my hdd when I do the clean install.