Should I unpark my AMD 4300 and how?

SpaceX

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
I been getting addicted to planetside 2 but When I play on high, it only gives me 30-40 fps in big battles and it goes down to 2 fps whenever I spawn. I heard that uparking your CPU can Increase fps, Should I do it? and How? If someone can link the program I'd appreciate it.

BUILD:
AMD 4300 3.8ghz
EVGA GTX 660 2gb DDR5 RAM
4gb of ram 1600

Solution
Unpark your cores. Especially for Planetside 2. You may want to repark them when not playing if your OS gets a bit buggy.

Using an AMD Phenom II 965 in PS2 my fps like doubled. In (1080, i think highish settings, some max). It also mad a big difference in Crysis 3.

Now I have a 4790k - unparked I got a 20+fps bump in bf4 ultra 1080p (avg 90fps now), and windows boots crazy fast, the icon doesn't even finish loading and there's no blue welcome screen it just hit's the desktop ready to rock.

My temps are actually a few degrees lower (52/53c after hours of bf4)

The 8350 requires that you unpark select cores and alternate them because it causes alot of heat and u want to spread out the wear on cores.
The temps are actually a few...

StupidComputers

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
Unpark your cores. Especially for Planetside 2. You may want to repark them when not playing if your OS gets a bit buggy.

Using an AMD Phenom II 965 in PS2 my fps like doubled. In (1080, i think highish settings, some max). It also mad a big difference in Crysis 3.

Now I have a 4790k - unparked I got a 20+fps bump in bf4 ultra 1080p (avg 90fps now), and windows boots crazy fast, the icon doesn't even finish loading and there's no blue welcome screen it just hit's the desktop ready to rock.

My temps are actually a few degrees lower (52/53c after hours of bf4)

The 8350 requires that you unpark select cores and alternate them because it causes alot of heat and u want to spread out the wear on cores.
The temps are actually a few degrees lower, so there's no worry about overheating like with unparking the 8350. I don't own an 8350, that's just from reading stuff. Sure glad I went i7 instead of i5 (which often don't benefit from unparking) or the 8350, lucked out on a black friday deal i couldn't pass up. I'm so stupid I forgot most i5s don't benefit from unparking - dodged a bullet there.

Unparking software couldn't be easier, First google result I think is the same page I got mine years ago, still use that one, the page and software (clean) don't seem to have changed:

http://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

It's got all the instructions, not that u need them it's pretty simple.

Watch your heat. It shouldn't be a problem but check it out for peace of mind.

Solution