Question Should i up the voltage on 3570k? @4.4ghz

imperial93

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
I'm getting freezes and crashes while gaming, so i put my rams to default 1333mhz, crashes are rare now but they still persist, like it freezes and returns to desktop. I'm using i5 3570k at 4.4ghz 1.200v with hyper212 evo, should i increase voltage? I don't know if its cpu or not. My gpu is overclocked too, 1050mhz-1450mhz, maximum available in msi afterburner. I made stress test with both aida64 and msi kombustor for 10+mins, no issues for cpu and gpu and temperatures are around 65-67 degree celcius. What can i do?

Rest of system: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, Corsair vengeance cml8gx3m2a1600c9 2x4, msi 7850 twin frozr, 650w 80bronze psu

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Go to Asrock website-support and update to the final bios. Also dl any and all final motherboard chipset drivers, audio/lan/usb/sata etc. Win10CE updates have issues with legacy drivers and conflicts will do that to games. Audio and Lan are the 2 biggest culprits, so much so that even though support for my MSI Z77 stopped in Oct of 2013, there have been several updated drivers since Win10 became Win10CE.

imperial93

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
Go to Asrock website-support and update to the final bios. Also dl any and all final motherboard chipset drivers, audio/lan/usb/sata etc. Win10CE updates have issues with legacy drivers and conflicts will do that to games. Audio and Lan are the 2 biggest culprits, so much so that even though support for my MSI Z77 stopped in Oct of 2013, there have been several updated drivers since Win10 became Win10CE.
All my drivers are last from asrock website, i did fresh install a month ago. My bios too, but i didn't look at beta bios updates.

99gnk0.png

Is there anything to do with betas?

Or should i focus on other mobo drivers below?
24vnq6u.png

I mean i dont know is there a possibility that i screw up if i dare to reflash that bios? I think i have latest which dated as 2013 but i need to check

Edit: I checked, i have 2.90 bios version

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you don't run NVMe, then you won't need the 2017 beta, and I believe that 2018 cpu microcode beta is probably a Spectre/Meltdown fix which just robs performance. So looks like you are good for bios.

Go to the Realtek website. ASR seems behind on its catchup. Realtek will have updated HD drivers for the newest Windows release. 2015 is way out of date. For the rest, you'll have to see what version you actually have. If you have any at all. That's maybe part of the issue, the pc might be relying on windows generic drivers since any mobo drivers are stored in windows and you just wiped them all out with a fresh install. Only the bios doesn't get deleted as it's separate from windows.