Question Should i update my BIOS to the latest version?

ivan202

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2016
So i have a ASRock B450M Steel Legend with an Ryzen 5 2600, on the ASRock BIOS Update website, it says
"*ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if you are going to use Pinnacle, Raven or Summit Ridge CPU on your system."
"*Before updating this BIOS, please also read the description in previous BIOS version. " So should i update my BIOS??

RealBeast

Titan
So i have a ASRock B450M Steel Legend with an Ryzen 5 2600, on the ASRock BIOS Update website, it says
"*ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if you are going to use Pinnacle, Raven or Summit Ridge CPU on your system."
"*Before updating this BIOS, please also read the description in previous BIOS version. " So should i update my BIOS??
Since you are using a Pinnacle Ridge CPU you should only upgrade to the last compatible BIOS for that CPU if you are having issues. Otherwise leave it alone.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If the system is working as expected there is not really a reason to do so unless you were going to update the CPU. Flashing BIOS is a risky thing, particularly for the uninitiated and can turn a motherboard into a door stop, fast. If you don't have to, don't.

TRENDING THREADS