[SOLVED] Should I update the BIOS of my MSI A55M-P33 MoBo to its latest version?

May 11, 2022
Hi guys!

My keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I have tried all the method provided online (uninstalling drivers, USB Root Hubs, Windows Update and Troubleshooter) but the issue is still occurring. I am thinking whether updating the BIOS would fix the problem?

The current version of my MoBo is: V1.6, 8/31/2012. I am planning to update it to the latest version 2.0, 2013-02-04. Should I update the BIOS of my MoBo?

Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

May 11, 2022
Did you check the hid keyboard, click on properties, properties again in that box, click on change settings, go to power management tab and make sure allow computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked.
Yes. I have already checked that option, the box is unchecked and the issue is still present. That's the first thing I have followed from the guide that I have read earlier. The last option was to update windows but still no fix to the problem. After all that, I'm thinking of updating the BIOS my MoBo. Is there any way to fix the problem?

May 11, 2022
I don't think a bios update will fix the problem. Do you have an old keyboard to try to see if it is the pc or the keyboard problem? Do you use a program like Icue, or any other software management program?
There's no program running for my Keyboard. It's just a generic keyboard bought online. I tried using our HP Keyboard and the issue still appears. It frequently happens when I'm gaming but less frequent when I'm only typing and searching online.

May 11, 2022
I would update to 1.7 only.
The update to 1.7 addresses usb issues.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A55M-P33/support
I would not update to 2.0 which is for windows 8 support.
If you have a problem with 2.0, it seems that you can not revert to 1.6 or 1.7
I see. I will try updating it to Ver 1.7 tomorrow and I hope that it will fix the issue I'm having as I'm planning to change my GPU and going to play FPS games. I can't enjoy playing with the current problem I'm having. I will update you guys after updating the BIOS.

May 11, 2022
Did you run sfc /scannow to check win files?
I'm sorry but I have not, however, I have flashed the BIOS to v1.7 and I'm glad that it was a success as the previous version is laggy and hard to navigate. About the issue, I have figured that the culprit is the Keyboard as I am now using our HP Keyboard and the issue is now gone. I can now play and type continously without the keyboard disconnecting.

I really appreciate all your replies to my question. You guys helped me a lot. Thank you so much 🤗

TRENDING THREADS