[SOLVED] Should I upgrade from 8gb ddr4 2400hz to dual channel 8gb 2400hz? Will I notice any difference?

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
so yes, I'm a typical 1080p user with 8gb of RAM, all games I played ran just fine, but how long I can continue? for exampel can I play Cybepunk?
other specs: i7 7700k, 2070. my mobo has 2 memory channels Just thought about upgrading RAM, should I or no?

Solution
so yes, I'm a typical 1080p user with 8gb of RAM, all games I played ran just fine, but how long I can continue? for exampel can I play Cybepunk?
other specs: i7 7700k, 2070. my mobo has 2 memory channels Just thought about upgrading RAM, should I or no?
What motherboard do you have? Depending on whether you have a Z series motherboad for yourt 7700K, you would be better of upgrading to 3200 or faster ram. If you do upgrade to 16GB and you have only a single 8GB module, buy a 2x8GB kit for the best compatibility. Buying another 8GB module can work, but it has a chance of not working with the old module. If you have 2x4GB you can add it later and see if it's compatible with the new ram. Also, I would hold off for reviews and...
What motherboard do you have? Depending on whether you have a Z series motherboad for yourt 7700K, you would be better of upgrading to 3200 or faster ram. If you do upgrade to 16GB and you have only a single 8GB module, buy a 2x8GB kit for the best compatibility. Buying another 8GB module can work, but it has a chance of not working with the old module. If you have 2x4GB you can add it later and see if it's compatible with the new ram. Also, I would hold off for reviews and benchmarks on Cyberpunk before making a decision on what ram to buy incase you need faster ram.

Solution