[SOLVED] Should i upgrade from ddr3 1600 to ddr3 2133?

Hi, i've been wondering is it worth it to upgrade my memory to 2133mhz? Currently i have a Kingston HyperX 2x8gb ddr3 1600 with some tweaks in the timings. My Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3

The kit costs around $70, and im going to resell my ram to my friend for abt $53. Its a Team Xtreem Vulcan 2x8gb DDR 2133 CL 10-12-12-12-31. Im planning to stay ddr3 until ddr5 come out, so ddr4 is not my current interest, since i want to bottleneck my system here, also for collection since its hard to find. Please let me know abt your opinions :D

Here is my timing and benchmark:
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Solution
I'd definitely go for it for $20. I know I've been seeking out these faster modules myself to get a little bit more out of my older platforms.

Endre

Reputable
Hi, i've been wondering is it worth it to upgrade my memory to 2133mhz? Currently i have a Kingston HyperX 2x8gb ddr3 1600 with some tweaks in the timings. My Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3

The kit costs around $70, and im going to resell my ram to my friend for abt $53. Its a Team Xtreem Vulcan 2x8gb DDR 2133 CL 10-12-12-12-31. Im planning to stay ddr3 until ddr5 come out, so ddr4 is not my current interest, since i want to bottleneck my system here, also for collection since its hard to find. Please let me know abt your opinions :D

Here is my timing and benchmark:
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

I wouldn’t bother.

DDR3-1600 is the highest RAM speed listed by default.
They say it can run DDR3-2200(O.C.) - But I doubt it will be stable.
They say nothing about DDR3-2133.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-B75M-HD3-rev-10/sp#sp

Reactions: Koekieezz
Yes sure you should definitely go with it if you are doing it for a gaming computer but ram do not process data so I would recommend you if you need it for just gaming purpose then you should upgrade it other wise you don't need to upgrade it
I don't understand where this though process comes from...it's like high performance tires will only help on a car if you're driving it to a certain destination. o_O

Any upgrade, especially improvements in memory will help the system overall, no matter what the workload. You just may not 'feel' it as much in one use case as another. If you are using anything memory intensive like virtual machines or video/photo editing, it will have an impact for sure.

Reactions: Koekieezz