Should i upgrade from fx 6300 to 8350?

Jan 17, 2019
Hello guys, i want to make a question. For start this is my build.
FX 6300 (oc to 4ghz),R9 280X,M5a99x evo r 2.0 , 8gb ram 1866mhz, 600 w psu corsair. 1ssd 1 hdd.
My thoughts are that i got really low fps to games and is very close to unplayble. For example when i am playing cod ww2 the game is unplayble, fortnite too. I cant play it, it always have fps drops. When i browse on youtube and see different people with my GPU but with a 8350 they playing games like assassins creed odysey or far cry 5 and they maxed out. But then i search diffrent threads that say that 8350 does not diffrent a lot of 6300. I dont know what do. In greece which i leave the 8350 is only 60 euro is worth buying. I dont know maybe someone can help? Is worth doing this upgrade? Thank you

Solution
FX6300 is the same cpu as a FX8350, with 1 node (2x cores and attendant Lcache) disabled by the factory and some internal voltage changes. They have the same IPC, (@67% of a 3rdGen i5-3570), OC to the same speeds (according to cpu lottery) and the only advantage the FX8350 holds is 8 cores vrs 6. So unless what you are using the pc for has a need for those extra 2 cores, you'll really not see much, if any, benefit only additional heat (especially at higher OC levels) from pushing a 125w vrs 95w cpu.

Have to be careful with YouTube videos. Many of those are pc's built specifically for gaming only and don't include all the other stuff like Office, AV, malwarebytes etc that most home users have and can affect performance.

Most fps issues...
It's not worth doing. You would still be in the same boat because what hurts those CPU's so much is their very low ipc compared to the intel part. Even if you upgraded you would still have very low ipc. If you went with an older i5 like a 2400 you would still see gains compared to the still old FX 8350.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
FX6300 is the same cpu as a FX8350, with 1 node (2x cores and attendant Lcache) disabled by the factory and some internal voltage changes. They have the same IPC, (@67% of a 3rdGen i5-3570), OC to the same speeds (according to cpu lottery) and the only advantage the FX8350 holds is 8 cores vrs 6. So unless what you are using the pc for has a need for those extra 2 cores, you'll really not see much, if any, benefit only additional heat (especially at higher OC levels) from pushing a 125w vrs 95w cpu.

Have to be careful with YouTube videos. Many of those are pc's built specifically for gaming only and don't include all the other stuff like Office, AV, malwarebytes etc that most home users have and can affect performance.

Most fps issues are solved by fully updating motherboard drivers, gpu drivers and cleaning out registry and cache files

Solution