Question Should i upgrade my CPU + Ram or save money and get a entirely new rig ?

Aug 22, 2021
So my current PC is a absoulute hot garbage, and i am starting to feel the lag. I have a budget about 50$ and that is enough to get me a i7 3770k + 8gb of ram ( DDR3 1600 mhz) for my pc since i already have the motherboard and the PSU. My pc is still usable and if i save enough money, i can get a newer setup, which is a 200GE + 8gb of ram (DDR4 3200 mhz) and other component are new , which increase upgrade ability.
I am currently using:

Intel Pentium G2030 3ghz ( 2 cores 2 threads )( Locked CPU )
4 GB DDR3 1600mhz
No GPU

Other stuff are mostly budget component but it met my requirement

Side question : Is Linux usable for normal consumer, like a 14 years old kid like me ( I know nothing about linux except for some basic stuff) And will it increase my gaming performance ( AKA Minecraft ) ?

kanewolf

Titan
So my current PC is a absoulute hot garbage, and i am starting to feel the lag. I have a budget about 50$ and that is enough to get me a i7 3770k + 8gb of ram ( DDR3 1600 mhz) for my pc since i already have the motherboard and the PSU. My pc is still usable and if i save enough money, i can get a newer setup, which is a 200GE + 8gb of ram (DDR4 3200 mhz) and other component are new , which increase upgrade ability.
I am currently using:

Intel Pentium G2030 3ghz ( 2 cores 2 threads )( Locked CPU )
4 GB DDR3 1600mhz
No GPU

Other stuff are mostly budget component but it met my requirement

Side question : Is Linux usable for normal consumer, like a 14 years old kid like me ( I know nothing about linux except for some basic stuff) And will it increase my gaming performance ( AKA Minecraft ) ?
Before getting an i7, you need to verify that it is supported by your motherboard and BIOS. What motherboard do you have?
You will also need to get a new cooler to go with that i7.

Aug 22, 2021
O
Before getting an i7, you need to verify that it is supported by your motherboard and BIOS. What motherboard do you have?
You will also need to get a new cooler to go with that i7.
I know those stuff, my motherboard is compatible, bios on the newest (AKA F6) and i can get a cooler from like, Noctua if i want to, they are going to give me a stock cooler which probally won't cut it but i am fine with that.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If you have the BIOS update, then the i7 should work.

For overall usability, it should be a marked improvement. I'm not sure the Minecraft bump will be massive, however; it's a far faster CPU for most activities, but it's still integrated graphics. The Intel HD 3000 graphics in the 3770K are faster than the basic Intel HD graphics found in the Pentium, but it's still a very slow integrated GPU.

Aug 22, 2021

For overall usability, it should be a marked improvement. I'm not sure the Minecraft bump will be massive, however; it's a far faster CPU for most activities, but it's still integrated graphics. The Intel HD 3000 graphics in the 3770K are faster than the basic Intel HD graphics found in the Pentium, but it's still a very slow integrated GPU.
I don't think the iGpu even matter since the only game i play is Minecraft and sometime it is League Of Legend and minecraft is ram based and cpu based , unless i want high-res like 4k gaming or shaders , i don't think i need a better gpu

g-unit1111

Titan

Wouldn’t even a 4th gen i7 get bricked by Windows 11? I would think that might be a deal breaker there.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I don't think the iGpu even matter since the only game i play is Minecraft and sometime it is League Of Legend and minecraft is ram based and cpu based , unless i want high-res like 4k gaming or shaders , i don't think i need a better gpu

Minecraft heavily uses the CPU, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't get a boost from a GPU.