[SOLVED] Should i upgrade my CPU?

Sanderguy777

Honorable
Apr 1, 2017
My PC has been acting odd lately:

Ram related crashes (lowered mhz to 2933 instead of 3600)

Consistently hitting 100% CPU usage in task manager

Random app crashes with event id 1000

Etc.

I built my PC in 2019 but now I'm wondering if the cpu needs an update (as in buying a new one).

Current specs:
AMD 3400g
32GB RAM at 2933mhz
XFX 6600xt
Nvme boot drive
Corsair aio (about 35C for both cpu and gpu no load, up to 60 in cinebench)

Solution
Windows can do that all by itself. I once had an nvidia driver that was entangled with FontCache service. Cpu usage was 42% at reboot - idle and if I moved the mouse it went to 100%. Windows 10, 2070Super, Ryzen 3700x. If Op has corrupted system files, corrupted drivers or anything else on the list of causes for that error, high cpu usage is a strong possibility as the cpu will be looping.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's all pretty basic pc maintenance. No need for a new cpu. I'd suggest you first update the bios, reboot your pc to bios, write down the current version. Then look in the motherboard vendor support website for the bios files. Look for your version, then read upwards, install any and all newer versions as necessary, including the media files as you have a G APU.

Most such errors are caused by Windows updates, software updates that require specific information that older bios doesn't contain.

If that's not a fix, start down the above list, fixing system files, malware, Antivirus etc.

Reactions: KyaraM

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Windows can do that all by itself. I once had an nvidia driver that was entangled with FontCache service. Cpu usage was 42% at reboot - idle and if I moved the mouse it went to 100%. Windows 10, 2070Super, Ryzen 3700x. If Op has corrupted system files, corrupted drivers or anything else on the list of causes for that error, high cpu usage is a strong possibility as the cpu will be looping.

Solution