Question Should I upgrade my gym 1660ti been making weird noises lately

Sep 30, 2024
I just got a new 1440p monitor and decked to use my old 1080p monitor as a second vertical monitor and ever since then iv been playing borderlands 2 and notice that my cpu and gpu temps have been in 80c range. I have a Ryzen 7 5700x3d cpu with an AIO cooler. My GTX 1660ti sounds like a car engine any time i play Rainbow 6 too.

Sep 30, 2024
you definitely need a good cool air intake path.
i would add 2x higher quality 140mm front intakes.

this could give you a nice positive pressure with cooler air circulating throughout allowing more heat dissipation from the components before being exhausted.
Don’t think it’s the case fans tho even when my gpu is just sitting idle it starts sounding like a lawn mower starting up and also feel it vibrating near the the case glass

Oct 3, 2024
If your CPU and GPU, run like a lawn mower on iddle, it's definitely something wrong with the cooling.
Check the GPU and CPU Temp, if those two temp above normal when idle. You should check the cooling system (AIO, HSF, Water block, or else) for leaking, fan not run properly, dust around the fan or cooling, or even worse, damage (even tiny). If those OK, then check the thermal applied to those two components, ie. Themal grease, and or thermal pads. Change it if dry or slightly dry. You also need to clean the fans for dust and for better rotation, add a little lubricant (i'm usually use WD-40 for better lubricating).
Hope that help.

it doesn't matter what sort of cooling system you have installed or what sort of container may be housing them;

if you don't have both sufficient cool outside air intake
and sufficient heated interior air exhaust

all components will suffer from the insufficient overall cooling.