[SOLVED] Should I upgrade my PC to this one?

Erok031

Honorable
Mar 13, 2017
Hi,

I thought about upgrading my PC but want to ask if it is worth it.
I use my PC for browsing internet, gaming and mostly for Photoshop and Illustrator graphic design - that's what i plan on building my for mostly.
I'd like to run Cyberpunk2077 but mostly i want best performance in Graphic Design software.

Bought this PC in 2016 for around 550$ brand new - I currently have:
CPU: AMD FX- 4350
GPU: GTX 1050 2gb GDDR5 Palit
MB: M5A78L-M/USB3
RAM: 8GB - DDR3 / 2000MHz
PCU: Some 20$ 500W PCU
HDD: 1TB

My budget is around 500-600$ and I thought about buying:
CPU: Ryzen 3 3100 3.6ghz
GPU: I thought about buying used RX 570/580 4gb for around 100-130$/ or something like that/ What do you think about that?
MB: ASUS AM4 - PRIMER A320M-K
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16
PCU: CHIEFTEC GPE - 600S 600W Eco
HDD: TOSHIBA 1TB 3.5" SATA III, 64MB, 7200rpm, P300

So, my question is: is it worth it? I would sell my current PC for around 240$ and add the rest for the new PC.
Is it a good plan, do you guys have any better ideas? Thank you!

PS: Here's the website I'm buying components from - Gigatron - It's not the cheapest website in my country, but the only one i can buy from do to papers.

Thanks!

Solution
Would get a better psu. That Chieftec is in tier 4 of the psu tierlist here and have little confidence in it looking at that.

Make sure the ram is two sticks for dualchannel.

No way to reuse the old hdd and get an ssd in the system?

Tobaaymalonaay

Honorable
Jun 30, 2015
Seems all good to me mate, every component on the new PC you have listed is significantly better than the PC you currently own, so yeah I'd say it'd be a noticeable and worthwhile upgrade.

The upgrade to Ryzen with that also greatly increased RAM speed will be very very noticeable in graphic design software and photo editing software.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Would get a better psu. That Chieftec is in tier 4 of the psu tierlist here and have little confidence in it looking at that.

Make sure the ram is two sticks for dualchannel.

No way to reuse the old hdd and get an ssd in the system?

Solution