Should I upgrade my PSU?

nan0pwnag3

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hello, I recently built my own computer. Everything works, but when I was buying the parts I had to get a 700W PSU because they didn't have any higher in stock. I used those online wattage estimators and they said I need at least a 650W PSU.

Now, the reason why I'm wondering if I should get a higher wattage, is because of two main things I've noticed happening on my computer:
1. I can't power my Razor Megladons using my motherboard's USB ports as it doesn't get enough power with my mouse and keyboard attached.
2. Every now and then (I'd say maybe once an hour) my screen will flicker, ONLY when I have my display connected to my graphics card (any of the ports). This doesn't occur when I use my motherboard's/CPU's graphics.

My computer's specs are:
- Radeon R9 270X GPU
- Intel i5 4670 CPU (Haswell)
- Gigabyte B85M-D3H Motherboard
- TP-LINK Wireless N PCI Express Adapter
- LiteON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer
- Thermaltake Litepower 700W PSU
- 3 Case fans
- Stock CPU Cooler
- 7000 RPM 1TB HDD

Thank you for your help!
- Scott

Solution
Hello, here are some of my suggestions to try. That psu is plenty big enough for that gpu.

-Make sure your mother boards USB port drivers are downloaded and installed correctly. Sounds silly but it happened to me.

-Make sure your drivers for your mouse and keyboard and headset are downloaded properly.

tfhummel

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hello, here are some of my suggestions to try. That psu is plenty big enough for that gpu.

-Make sure your mother boards USB port drivers are downloaded and installed correctly. Sounds silly but it happened to me.

-Make sure your drivers for your mouse and keyboard and headset are downloaded properly.

Solution

nan0pwnag3

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

Thank you for your suggestion.. But I am sure I have the latest drivers for all my components. And for my GPU I even tried the beta drivers to see if that did anything. =(