gshalom17

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Hello,
I recently bought a new laptop which is asus tuf fx505dt with the following specifications
Amd Ryzen 7 3750H
8GB Ram (5.9GB usable)
Nvidia GTX 1650 (4GB)

I was playing far cry new Dawn at high settings and I faced micro-stutters a few times while playing. I noticed my ram usage was above 5GB out of 5.9GB, my cpu usage dipped during the stutters but at other times it was above 90% and my gpu usage was above 85%.
I checked the game requirements and it says 8GB ram minimum and as my ram is only 5.9GB usable (I guess 2.1GB is system allocated for integrated gpu), the ram is less

Should I upgrade my ram to 16GB or is my cpu not strong enough ?

Far Cry's recommended requirements for RAM is only 8gb, so adding 8gb more may not help much. But games are starting to shift to more RAM and 16gb is becoming standard. RAM prices have also dropped a lot over the past year, so it is not a bad time to get more.

Your CPU is fine for a mobile CPU. While they wont keep up with desktop parts, it pairs well with a 1650.

Reactions: gshalom17

gshalom17

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Far Cry's recommended requirements for RAM is only 8gb, so adding 8gb more may not help much. But games are starting to shift to more RAM and 16gb is becoming standard. RAM prices have also dropped a lot over the past year, so it is not a bad time to get more.

Your CPU is fine for a mobile CPU. While they wont keep up with desktop parts, it pairs well with a 1650.

Thx for your reply
Will upgrade my ram soon

Aug 12, 2019
Hello,
I recently bought a new laptop which is asus tuf fx505dt with the following specifications
Amd Ryzen 7 3750H
8GB Ram (5.9GB usable)
Nvidia GTX 1650 (4GB)

I was playing far cry new Dawn at high settings and I faced micro-stutters a few times while playing. I noticed my ram usage was above 5GB out of 5.9GB, my cpu usage dipped during the stutters but at other times it was above 90% and my gpu usage was above 85%.
I checked the game requirements and it says 8GB ram minimum and as my ram is only 5.9GB usable (I guess 2.1GB is system allocated for integrated gpu), the ram is less

Should I upgrade my ram to 16GB or is my cpu not strong enough ?
Hi, you shouldn't have 5.9 available, you have an old BIOS that has a bug. I updated to bios 306 and noticed that the 2666mhz dual channel kit I have is running at 1866mhz cl14.