should i upgrade or not

Filiberto Ramirez

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Hello guys i need your advice on this problem that I have.

I have a sandy bridge I5 2300 currently running on a MSI z77 Mpower.
Now my question is should I upgrade to a 3570K/3770k or should I just make the jump and go with a new MOBO & 4690k.

Everything works on my current setup but I want to get the most out of my games and my gtx 970.
Thanks

Current Setup
I5 2300
z77 msi Mpower
8gb of ram
MSI Gtx 970
EVGA Supernova g2 850

Solution
I'm running a 3570k right now, and while its great... you really should just jump to the Haswell series... You'd only be going up a single generation if doing an Ivy 3570k/3770k which just isn't worth it... it would still be outdated.

HOWEVER; that's if you absolutely want to upgrade right now. Otherwise wait until Intel gets their 5th generation desktop processors (Skylake) out later this year.

Also, your graphics card is going to make a way bigger difference than your processor. But seeing as how you have a 970 your fine in that department. Your current processor will do just fine until Skylake comes out later this year.

NJDEN

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I'm running a 3570k right now, and while its great... you really should just jump to the Haswell series... You'd only be going up a single generation if doing an Ivy 3570k/3770k which just isn't worth it... it would still be outdated.

HOWEVER; that's if you absolutely want to upgrade right now. Otherwise wait until Intel gets their 5th generation desktop processors (Skylake) out later this year.

Also, your graphics card is going to make a way bigger difference than your processor. But seeing as how you have a 970 your fine in that department. Your current processor will do just fine until Skylake comes out later this year.

Solution