Should I upgrade to Ryzen 3 2200G?

elizer.austria

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
Hi guys. I currently have a Pentium G4560, 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 RAM, Palit GTX 750ti, H110m MoBo, and 450W bronze Power Supply. I'm wondering if its worth it to upgrade to ryzen 3 2200G and a B350 Mobo? Most benchmarks shown are 2933Mhz up speeds, and since im on a budget, I plan on using the 2400Mhz DDR4 RAM that I got. Should I sell my processor, GPU, and Mobo, and buy the ryzen combo?

Solution

I don't see any benefit to this. A GT 1030 -- about where the new Ryzen Gs are at -- isn't an upgrade on a 750ti. If you need a CPU upgrade, you have lots of good options with the motherboard you already have installed.

elizer.austria

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
yeah. i thought of that too actually, i can already play my games quite decently with my current set up to be honest. I think its quite capable and an upgrade to a 1050ti or 1060 at max would be quite reasonable. Im not comfortable at overclocking anyway. :)

DSzymborski

Titan

I don't see any benefit to this. A GT 1030 -- about where the new Ryzen Gs are at -- isn't an upgrade on a 750ti. If you need a CPU upgrade, you have lots of good options with the motherboard you already have installed.

Solution
I think the Ryzen APUs are a dream for someone who likes tweaking. But a nightmare for someone who's not very tech savvy.
If you're getting one now you can pretty much prepare yourself for bios tweaking, overclocking and constant driver and bios updates.
Not that that's a bad thing though as they're likely gonna beat every other budget option there is when the proper driver/bios updates roll out.

elizer.austria

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
After a little Google search, I'm better off with upgrading my GPU than switching to Ryzen. All have valid points. Differences between performance of different generations of GPUs are more noticeable than CPUs anyways. Thanks again guys. :)