[SOLVED] Should I use Asus PRIME B550M-A with a Ryzen 5800X CPU?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2841972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2841972

Hello,

My budget is limited. And I have like 2 options.

1- Getting a 5600X and a better B550 motherboard.
2- Getting a 5800X and a cheap B550 motherboard.

I would highly like to go with 5800X but I want to be sure that I won't be in trouble when I want to overclock my CPU, RAMS, etc. in future.
What would you recommend to me?

Here is some motherboards that I am considering to get one of them (these are the cheapest ones in my country right now):

• Asus PRIME B550M-A
  • Gigabyte B550M-S2H
  • MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA (This one is actually exceeding my budget.)

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2841972

What will you use your pc for,what is the rest of your pc?
Gaming, Unreal Engine 4 & Unity, DAWs for music production. The other components has no issues, I will also buy a new PSU, maybe a new water cooling too since Thermaltake Water 3.0 is not that good as I feel. Using it since 2017. Some moderators also said that I should change my Thermaltake SMART 650W PSU too, so I would change it also.

D

Deleted member 2841972

Better go for 5600X and better motherboard. You can upgrade CPU later.
Once I buy something, I don't like to upgrade things. I feel like 5800X will be more than enough for me for the next 5 years at least, thats why I am still considering to get that. I am not sure if a 5600X with 6 cores would be enough for me for the next 5 years.

Should I wait for some time until AMD releases a new CPU series with new socket? I have no knowledge but as I guess, there will be a performance boost more than expected with that socket change. Should I wait and how long would I have to? Right now 7600k doesn't bother me that much with a GTX 1060.

D

Deleted member 2841972

I am unfamiliar with DAW.
Does it need 8 cores ?
For an example, FL Studio, Ableton Live, Studio One are one of the DAWs that people use to make music. No, 8 cores is not necessary, even I've never faced with any CPU bottleneck while I am working on them with my 7600k 4/4 CPU. Every plugin that you add into a mixer channel causes your CPU to process more. But as I said before, 7600k is even doing really well.

Reactions: Dj0gany
D

Deleted member 2841972

Can you wait until Rocket Lake launch?
I don't know when it is getting released but I am sure it will be before AMD CPUs with new socket. Are they going to be a better? I feel like they will be more expensive than AMD, am I wrong?

Reactions: Dj0gany
I don't know when it is getting released but I am sure it will be before AMD CPUs with new socket. Are they going to be a better? I feel like they will be more expensive than AMD, am I wrong?
Who knows until they release,price will differ depending on where you live.
For the performance,i would wait until someone makes a comparison between 11th gen and 5000 amd cpu's.