[SOLVED] Should I use shampoo, dish soap, or hand soap to clean a mousepad?

Solution
Because hand soap really isn't a very effective cleaner or degreaser like dish soap, laundry soap or a general purpose cleaner and degreaser like Simple green.

Go get your hands greasy under the hood of your car, or on the ground under your car if it has an oil leak. LOL.

Then try cleaning them with hand soap. Yeah, good luck with that.

Then try something like Dawn dishwashing detergent or Simple green. Guaranteed they'll completely remove it from your hands, usually just as well as any of the mechanics hand cleaners like Gojo.

kanewolf

Titan
Last edited:
Simple green is safe for waterproof coatings, on things like tents, fabric awnings, shoes and boots, duffel bags, so I'd assume it's safe for use without damaging the waterproof coating on a mouse pad. It's also orally non-toxic (Which doesn't mean it's a good idea to drink a glass of it), biodegradable, and being as I often need to clean things of a wide variety, I've used just about everything out there and nothing works as well while being safe and non-damaging. It will not, for example, discolor textiles (Clothes) when used to remove grease spots etc., nor shoes, nor tile, nor carpet, etc.

It also is VERY easily rinsed from surfaces and clothing, carpet or fabrics. It has a very low rinse effort, unlike many other products including laundry detergent WHICH if you take clothing from the washing machine, get it wet, and then wring it out, you will likely find still has soap in it. But I agree, if you have a waterproof product and you rinse it well, some Dawn or laundry detergent likely will work too. I wouldn't use hand soap.

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
Simple green is safe for waterproof coatings, on things like tents, fabric awnings, shoes and boots, duffel bags, so I'd assume it's safe for use without damaging the waterproof coating on a mouse pad. It's also orally non-toxic (Which doesn't mean it's a good idea to drink a glass of it), biodegradable, and being as I often need to clean things of a wide variety, I've used just about everything out there and nothing works as well while being safe and non-damaging. It will not, for example, discolor textiles (Clothes) when used to remove grease spots etc., nor shoes, nor tile, nor carpet, etc.

It also is VERY easily rinsed from surfaces and clothing, carpet or fabrics. It has a very low rinse effort, unlike many other products including laundry detergent WHICH if you take clothing from the washing machine, get it wet, and then wring it out, you will likely find still has soap in it. But I agree, if you have a waterproof product and you rinse it well, some Dawn or laundry detergent likely will work too. I wouldn't use hand soap.
why shouldnt I use hand soap?

Because hand soap really isn't a very effective cleaner or degreaser like dish soap, laundry soap or a general purpose cleaner and degreaser like Simple green.

Go get your hands greasy under the hood of your car, or on the ground under your car if it has an oil leak. LOL.

Then try cleaning them with hand soap. Yeah, good luck with that.

Then try something like Dawn dishwashing detergent or Simple green. Guaranteed they'll completely remove it from your hands, usually just as well as any of the mechanics hand cleaners like Gojo.

Solution