[SOLVED] Should I use the AIO as top exhaust?

Twistfaria

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
With the Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 should I move the three front fans to the top and put the Deepcool CASTLE 360EX radiator in the front or can I put it in the top as an exhaust?
How much more effective is it to use the radiator as intake over out take?
Also would it be better to replace those three fans that come with the case anyway or are they decent fans?
Thanks for any help!

Solution
If you're willing to experiment, then try both and see what happens. If not, generally speaking:
-front mounted is better for the device(cpu/gpu) on the hybrid cooler, and worse for the one that isn't
-top mounted is worse for the device on the hybrid cooler, and better for the one that isn't
Pick your poison.

Also would it be better to replace those three fans that come with the case anyway or are they decent fans?
Generally not recommended, unless the replacement fans have almost identical, or better specs to the original.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
I've got my H110i (2x140) at the top. And I have a 200mm fan at the front and a 140mm at the rear. My temps are fine and it runs quiet.
I like to blow radiator heat out of the case.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you're willing to experiment, then try both and see what happens. If not, generally speaking:
-front mounted is better for the device(cpu/gpu) on the hybrid cooler, and worse for the one that isn't
-top mounted is worse for the device on the hybrid cooler, and better for the one that isn't
Pick your poison.

Generally not recommended, unless the replacement fans have almost identical, or better specs to the original.

Solution