[SOLVED] Should I use these fans?

Feb 5, 2019
Hi! I have built a computer, but I’m thinking on adding some extra fans to the desktop. I have a Fractal Design Meshify C TG and it comes with two fans. I don’t know if I should put both of the stock fans on the front or if it would be better to use fans like the arctic f14.
Thank you!
P.S.: I’m already putting some other fans in the back so that is already covered.

Solution
The stock FD fans are pretty high quality fans, easily as good, if not better than the Arctics. But here's my question, 2 or 3 fans? That meshify can take 3x 120mm in front, it's actually one of the best airflow cases around, so if wanting just 2 is fine then stick with the free case fans, but if really wanting 3 fans, it's buy a matching FD or buy 3 Arctics.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The stock FD fans are pretty high quality fans, easily as good, if not better than the Arctics. But here's my question, 2 or 3 fans? That meshify can take 3x 120mm in front, it's actually one of the best airflow cases around, so if wanting just 2 is fine then stick with the free case fans, but if really wanting 3 fans, it's buy a matching FD or buy 3 Arctics.

Solution
Feb 5, 2019

In your opinion, is it worth it to add a third fan? I don’t have any hard drives in the cage and I don’t intend to put any in the future.
Also, thanks for the advice on the fans!

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Well it's a matter of tastes and aesthetics. Many ppl will add the third fan, just to complete the look, I guess they feel like it looks low-end just having the 2 lower fans. Or many times the fans are RGB or LED so having all 3 fills the entire front. Some ppl don't care either way, so 2 is fine. And cheaper.

On the plus side, having all 3 means more cfm. That can go both ways, it'll mean a better chance at better airflow if your system runs hotter, but if it doesn't really run all that warm case temps, you can lower the intake fan rpm and still get the same, if not better, airflow as just 2 fans at a higher rpm. 3 slow fans = quieter than 2 faster fans.

Feb 5, 2019
Well it's a matter of tastes and aesthetics. Many ppl will add the third fan, just to complete the look, I guess they feel like it looks low-end just having the 2 lower fans. Or many times the fans are RGB or LED so having all 3 fills the entire front. Some ppl don't care either way, so 2 is fine. And cheaper.

On the plus side, having all 3 means more cfm. That can go both ways, it'll mean a better chance at better airflow if your system runs hotter, but if it doesn't really run all that warm case temps, you can lower the intake fan rpm and still get the same, if not better, airflow as just 2 fans at a higher rpm. 3 slow fans = quieter than 2 faster fans.

Thanks for the advice!