Should I wait for Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LieutenantDansLegs

Reputable
May 22, 2015
So I currently have Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit. The primary use of my PC is to play games. When the Windows 10 reservation was first announced I had reserved my copy but now I am getting cold feet. When any OS freshly comes out there is always going to be bugs and errors that need to be buffed out. So my question is should I cancel my reservation or give it about 11 months after release to see where it goes as far as functionality and if it caters to the PC gaming community?

My PC specs:
Heat-Sink: Cooler-master Hyper 212 Evo
CPU: Intel i5 4570
GPU: GTX 970 ssc
PSU: Rosewill Hive 650 watt
RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8GB
MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1
HDD: 1TB Seagate

Solution
Just because you reserved does not mean an automatic upgrade. It will probably download the relevant files in the background, but it will not update until you tell it to.

Wait a while and see how it goes for everyone else.

USAFRet

Titan
Just because you reserved does not mean an automatic upgrade. It will probably download the relevant files in the background, but it will not update until you tell it to.

Wait a while and see how it goes for everyone else.

Solution

LieutenantDansLegs

Reputable
May 22, 2015

Thanks, sounds like a plan. That was my primary concern though is that when win10 is finally released it would automatically download and install. If it just sits there idle for me to install it as my OS whenever I want that should be fine.

notuptome2004

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
Windows 10 has been tested through and through and we the users have tested and given are feedback that shaped what windows 10 is today Yes ther will be bugs as any OS has them as of right now MS is steadly last 2 days relasing updates to windows 10 RTM as i am running it now and it runs awesome after july 29th users can freely stilll give feedback and MS will continue to improve windows 10 . MS just released a video new one on windows 10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKxkTWa9Hd8 The Windows 10 Experience as well as they released a launch site for windows 10 http://blogs.windows.com/launch/

Status
Not open for further replies.