[SOLVED] Should I wait till 2020 to upgrade

ImmortalSavage

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
With our final quarter of the year ending quite soon would it make more sense to upgrade or do a new build now or wait?

Looking to build mini itx intel or AMD around $1800

Solution
My Kraken is acting up getting 60c on idle and keep having a cooler error on start up, thinking about moving to air cooling as I only do minor overclocks to my CPU just because I do want longer life on it. It's a hard choice to upgrade but inwould be willing to do a good step up. My comp is 4 years old now and I know it has more to years to thrive but I'm ready to upgrade i do game at 1440p
How much more cpu performance are you expecting with an upgrade?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdPmDitc0f8

ImmortalSavage

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
My build now is great.

I7 6800k
Asus X99 Deluxe II
32 gb DDR4 2666 mhz
Asus GTX 1080
Samsung 860 evo ssd
Corsair 850 psu
NZXT X52 Kraken, thing is starting to fail

Thinking about the switch to AMD for a CPU but really just looking to do a small form factor pc to make more space

My build now is great.

I7 6800k
Asus X99 Deluxe II
32 gb DDR4 2666 mhz
Asus GTX 1080
Samsung 860 evo ssd
Corsair 850 psu
NZXT X52 Kraken, thing is starting to fail

Thinking about the switch to AMD for a CPU but really just looking to do a small form factor pc to make more space
Your Kraken is starting to fail? Those have 6 year warranties. But still keep a decent air cooler around for backup in case you have to RMA it. You will want to have a cooler on hand to use while it's getting replaced.

Idk when new hardware is coming out; I havent' been in the loop for a couple months.

rookieGamer

Honorable
May 16, 2017
it depends what you are using right now, do you need an upgrade?

intel is not coming out with anything which can match AMD anytime soon, and amd is offering some of the best bang for buck chips.. 2020 3rd gen will be on sale if thats what you looking for,

ImmortalSavage

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
My Kraken is acting up getting 60c on idle and keep having a cooler error on start up, thinking about moving to air cooling as I only do minor overclocks to my CPU just because I do want longer life on it. It's a hard choice to upgrade but inwould be willing to do a good step up. My comp is 4 years old now and I know it has more to years to thrive but I'm ready to upgrade i do game at 1440p

How much more cpu performance are you expecting with an upgrade?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdPmDitc0f8

Solution