dlmmist

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
Currently Build
Ryzen 5600x
Radeon RX 580 8G
MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570
Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600 MHz DDR4

I want to get a Redeon RX 6800XT or even a RX 6700XT but with current shortages and over pricing I feel its better to wait for prices to go down. My question is will the RX 580 work for Battlefield 2042? Will it allow me to play the game for now until I can get a new video card? Thank you

Solution
I want to get a Radeon RX 6800XT or even a RX 6700XT but with current shortages and over pricing I feel its better to wait for prices to go down.
If i were you and cares alot on spending on such a thing, i would patiently wait till it drops real hard, like how 570s and 580s dropped to dirt cheap as low as $85 (at least in my country, but now ramped up to more than $345 cause cryptocurrency hype craze)

My question is will the RX 580 work for Battlefield 2042?
it will able to play the game, just dont worry much about it :D
I want to get a Radeon RX 6800XT or even a RX 6700XT but with current shortages and over pricing I feel its better to wait for prices to go down.
If i were you and cares alot on spending on such a thing, i would patiently wait till it drops real hard, like how 570s and 580s dropped to dirt cheap as low as $85 (at least in my country, but now ramped up to more than $345 cause cryptocurrency hype craze)

My question is will the RX 580 work for Battlefield 2042?
it will able to play the game, just dont worry much about it :D

Solution
Currently Build
Ryzen 5600x
Radeon RX 580 8G
MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570
Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600 MHz DDR4

I want to get a Redeon RX 6800XT or even a RX 6700XT but with current shortages and over pricing I feel its better to wait for prices to go down. My question is will the RX 580 work for Battlefield 2042? Will it allow me to play the game for now until I can get a new video card? Thank you

Far as I am aware there are no official system requirements yet to even have an idea of what to expect. I would guess that a RX 580 should be enough for runing the game, Im not sure if it will run at your desire resolution, detail settings and FPS.

In any case I would first worry about your PSU, Can your current PSU power the RX-6700XT/6800XT?

dlmmist

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
PSU Thermaltake 850 watts

Thank you all, I have been all over the internet looking for system requirements for Battlefield 2042. Some sites you enter your computer components and it will tell you if you can run the game. On the EA site there are no system requirements says coming soon. I think I will be ok, I play Black ops cold war with the card but settings are on high. I will just need to tweak the setting for Battlefield 2042. I'm not paying the insane over pricing on video cards right now. Thinking its going to be around 6 to 8 months before pricing gets close to MSRP.