Should I worry about breaking Keycaps on Corsair K70 LUX RGB?

Mar 28, 2018
I want to get a nice mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. I found K70 to be one of the best keyboards in a range of 100 to 150 bucks, wich is the limit of my budget.

However, I foud this keyboard to be very critiziced for low quality keycaps, wich tend to break quite easily. I know those are most likely the defective ones out of the thousand built, but I just don't want to worry about getting a new set of keycaps. That would just mess up the budget issue.

So, if you've used the LUX RGB version or the MK.2 version, would you recommend it? Or, if that's not the case, is there another keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches with similiar features or without them but cheaper that you'd recommend?

I choosed the MX Brown for being ideal for gaming and typing as well. So if any variant of Romer G is as good, I wouldn't mind choosing that switch if it performs just as well, tactile and quiet.

Thank you in advance for the advice!

Solution
Mar 28, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from lhpcopsp : "Should I worry about breaking Keycaps on Corsair K70 LUX RGB?"

I want to get a nice mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. I found K70 to be one of the best keyboards in a range of 100 to 150 bucks, wich is the limit of my budget.

However, I foud this keyboard to be very critiziced for low quality keycaps, wich tend to break quite easily. I know those are most likely the defective ones out of the thousand built, but I just don't want to worry about getting a new set of keycaps. That would just mess up the budget issue.

So, if you've used the LUX RGB version or the MK.2 version, would you recommend it? Or, if that's not the case, is there another keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches with similiar features or without them but cheaper that you'd recommend?

I choosed the MX Brown for being ideal for gaming and typing as well. So if any variant of Romer G is as good, I wouldn't mind choosing that switch if it performs just as well, tactile and quiet.

Thank you in advance for the advice!

keenwads

Prominent
Aug 24, 2018

I have the k70 lux (mx brown) and it is an amazing keyboard with excellent build quality. The keycaps are made of solid, sturdy plastic and I would have trouble breaking them even if I tried. The keycaps would definitely not break during gaming or typing unless you start bashing you keyboard for whatever reason. As for your switch choices, I think the browns are great and I have no complaints with them as I use this keybaord for coding, modelling and gaming and this keyboard is great for all of that, so you should have no problem with the board.

Solution