[SOLVED] Should my RTX 2060 KO Ultra be listed as just an RTX 2060 in GPU-Z, CPU-Z, and Task Manager?

Apr 20, 2020
Basically just what the title says. I got a new GPU when I noticed this. I just want to make sure they sent me the right thing and since it's like a bunch of post-fixes (maybe that's a word). Thanks!

Solution
Yes, those programs read the actual base processor, not the sub-models or branding from the manufacture. Nvidia, for the 20 series, released GPUS like the 2060, 2060S, 2070, 2070S, 2080, 2080S, and 2080ti. S standing for "Super" This is the only thing that will show in the programs. the "KO" and "Ultra" are EVGA branding, which they use to tell the difference between coolers and clock speeds between their different models of the same physical GPU. They will all show as RTX 2060, despite there being some difference in the cards, they are still the same base card. Think of it this way, the KO Ultra is a clock speed difference, which you could change yourself. You cannot change from a 2060 to a 2070 without buying a new GPU entirely. That...
Apr 20, 2020
Super isn't branding; the GPU is actually different. Your difference is branding.
2070 Super is the GPU, it's sold as a Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X 8G. It will only show 2070 super

Similarly yours will only show 2060
So, the GPU core is different on the Super and that is why it says Super, while on my GPU the GPU core is not different it is just clocked differently?

Thanks for you all's help. I just got concerned with my new GPU not actually being what it is despite be buying it from Newegg and it coming in a KO Ultra box.

So, the GPU core is different on the Super and that is why it says Super, while on my GPU the GPU core is not different it is just clocked differently?

Thanks for you all's help. I just got concerned with my new GPU not actually being what it is despite be buying it from Newegg and it coming in a KO Ultra box.
Yes the "GPU" is actually just a chip (2060, 2070, 2070S) inside your "graphics card "(2060 KO ultra, 2070s Windforce, 3080 ROG Strix) The chip remains the same, with different clock rates, on different variants by different models. The graphics card includes the brand name and other marketing tools/lines such as "KO, Strix"

Yes, those programs read the actual base processor, not the sub-models or branding from the manufacture. Nvidia, for the 20 series, released GPUS like the 2060, 2060S, 2070, 2070S, 2080, 2080S, and 2080ti. S standing for "Super" This is the only thing that will show in the programs. the "KO" and "Ultra" are EVGA branding, which they use to tell the difference between coolers and clock speeds between their different models of the same physical GPU. They will all show as RTX 2060, despite there being some difference in the cards, they are still the same base card. Think of it this way, the KO Ultra is a clock speed difference, which you could change yourself. You cannot change from a 2060 to a 2070 without buying a new GPU entirely. That is why the base information is there, the models info isnt.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution
Apr 20, 2020
Yes, those programs read the actual base processor, not the sub-models or branding from the manufacture. Nvidia, for the 20 series, released GPUS like the 2060, 2060S, 2070, 2070S, 2080, 2080S, and 2080ti. S standing for "Super" This is the only thing that will show in the programs. the "KO" and "Ultra" are EVGA branding, which they use to tell the difference between coolers and clock speeds between their different models of the same physical GPU. They will all show as RTX 2060, despite there being some difference in the cards, they are still the same base card. Think of it this way, the KO Ultra is a clock speed difference, which you could change yourself. You cannot change from a 2060 to a 2070 without buying a new GPU entirely. That is why the base information is there, the models info isnt.
Gotcha! Thanks so much!

Reactions: Prad_Bitt