Feature Show us Your Case Mods

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 26, 2023
Can't wait to see more photos of your build.
I have made a little progress on the Zenith 811. The cables came in from Cable Mod, but I think they are too short, but I love the color. I need to figure out the concentric circles on the front faceplate. I have the front cut and fit, and have ordered some square screws much like the original had (not exactly the same but still nice).
IMG-6881.jpg
IMG-6880.jpg
IMG-6879.jpg
IMG-6878.jpg
IMG-6867.jpg
IMG-6860.jpg

Reactions: tennis2

mickrc3

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
Consider the thread title!!!
We're not talking about >$150 cases here.

Preserve the aesthetic of the finished/assembled/visible product, but whatever means you need to get the job done is fair game.
In the end, cut out the brace and now the AIO fits. My wife got a serious infection so I will finish the build after she gets out of the hospital.

Check out the case I designed, I reckon it's pretty pro.
I quite like it.

On the front grill. Are there cases that have a wave-like front mesh pattern? Similar to modern pleated HVAC air filters. Shouldn't be very hard to stamp mesh into a wavy pleated pattern and would increase surface area to reduce airflow restriction.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Not too shabby, but that rear plate needs filling in. All those holes lead to one thing, that's where the rear fan is going to pull it's air from which negates a big chunk of what comes from the front, as far as airflow goes. That applies to the gpu too, part of the reason the NZXT H510 series does so well with no front fans for gpu temps, fully negative system. Add front fans and gpu temps go up 10°...

NOR1NCO

Prominent
Jan 10, 2023
^ maybe add a PSU cutout for showcase? the top clearance looks small to mount any radiators...
Before making a purchase, customers can choose whether they need a PSU cutout. The top is not actually a ventilation hole, but rather a handle.

NOR1NCO

Prominent
Jan 10, 2023
Not too shabby, but that rear plate needs filling in. All those holes lead to one thing, that's where the rear fan is going to pull it's air from which negates a big chunk of what comes from the front, as far as airflow goes. That applies to the gpu too, part of the reason the NZXT H510 series does so well with no front fans for gpu temps, fully negative system. Add front fans and gpu temps go up 10°...
I checked my CFD ( Computational Fluid Dynamics ) results, and if customers use low performance fans, it's really possible to have this problem. Two Delta fans with a speed of 2900RPM will be included with the sale, ensuring that all heat is discharged from the rear.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Delta's? Ooof, that's rough. What's the hookup on those? Last Deltas I messed with were 6k and had serious power requirements, essentially psu only on a powered splitter.

If you want to be able to hear yourself think, I'd be using something like Arctic, Prolimatech etc, keep the rpm closer to 900/1k rpm.

Gotta think that's mITX, so is going to be on the desktop, next to the monitor, maybe 3ft from your head ±.

And no, I do not believe that a 2900rpm 38mm fan is only 44db(A), or closer to 50db (53db since there's 2 of them)

Last edited:

NOR1NCO

Prominent
Jan 10, 2023
Delta's? Ooof, that's rough. What's the hookup on those? Last Deltas I messed with were 6k and had serious power requirements, essentially psu only on a powered splitter.

If you want to be able to hear yourself think, I'd be using something like Arctic, Prolimatech etc, keep the rpm closer to 900/1k rpm.

Gotta think that's mITX, so is going to be on the desktop, next to the monitor, maybe 3ft from your head ±.
The fan isn't fixed at 2900 RPM. It can be controlled through software or the BIOS. 2900 RPM is the highest speed the fan can reach, but it usually doesn't go higher than 1200 RPM, so you'll only hear a little bit of wind noise (31-32.4 db).