Shut Down Issues

brude88

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
Shut Down Issues

hello, my issue is that my computer will "shut down" randomly. Initially it was sporadic but now happens more and more frequently. At first I thought it was something to do with games or a steam related issue but more and more seems hardware related.

When I say shut down, I mean the computer stops, the monitor goes black, yet I notice that the graphics card and motherboard are still lit up and powered. In fact, I cannot restart my system until I physically flip the power toggle on the Power Supply. Even then, I have to wait for the lights on the graphics card and motherboard to fade....and sometimes let it stay powered off for several minutes before I can restart.

I have noticed the issue seems to occur when something initializes a response from the computer, such as trying to save (autosave), or a game changing screens, or when i checked a box to authorize a system scan, most recently it shut down then I attempted to push the windows start button to select shut down (open a drop down menu).

I would appreciate any insight into my issue as Id hate to just start replacing components to fix the problem.

Thanks.

Was asked to clarify this issue but that is why I posted it to here in the first place. I can not, I have no Idea why this is happening and posted all the symptoms. Was just hoping someone would have a clue but seems like I am not the only one that is stymied. Very perplexing.

Finally solved the issue myself....replaced the PSU, naturally. Thanks for the outpouring of assistance, you can consider this thread closed.