Shutdowns at high load

EclipseL

Commendable
May 4, 2016
Hi,

I have the following computer for about a year without having any issue:
i5 4690k not overclocked
gtx 970 windforce (the one with the backplate)
maximus ranger vii
xfx xtr 550w

2 weeks ago i started playing dark souls 3 all max out with 0 problems.
Last week i reinstalled it and since i started playing the computer shutsdown if im at max/high settings.

The thing is other games and benchmarks i could run without any problem a few months ago now trigger my computer to shutdown even at a moderate load. If i max out the settings on benchmarks as the benchmark starts the computer will immediately shutdown and restart. Note: same bechmarks and games perform normal and dont trigger the shutdown when on low settings.

I think it might be the gpu or the psu as i ve already tried:

-checked the temps and nothing go high / it doesnt even gets time to get high as it can shutdown 1 second after starting anything intensive
-got back to a older gpu driver, reinstall the new one
-disable reboot on crash
-Checked the event viewer and doesnt report any error before the crash
-increased virtual memory allocation(kinda random for the problem i guess)

Thanks in advance

EclipseL

Commendable
May 4, 2016

No. It started after my reinstall of ds3 yet i dont think its related as now it happens whenever i play anything on high or try benchmarks with high settings for example cs go or heaven benchmark

Iceman21

Respectable
May 3, 2016
Have you tried not graphical intensive benchmark?
-plug your pc in another socket (just to be sure)
-Will be good If you can find another psu and try it.
-Switch ram slots (probably not the case but just to be sure)
-You could try with another graphics card too

Iceman21

Respectable
May 3, 2016

Cinebench, Corona benchmark

EclipseL

Commendable
May 4, 2016

ok im running those and it doesnt seem to shutdown

EclipseL

Commendable
May 4, 2016
Gpu drivers are not the problem as i am trying some of the previous that worked without a problem.

On a note sometimes if the benchmark runs for like lets say 30 seconds its the moment i try to exit him or access the menu that will make the computer shutdown

EclipseL

Commendable
May 4, 2016

so ive tried the exact oposite. I overclocked my gpu to the settings ive used many times before and it causes insta shutdown of the computer (way faster than without the oc).

I guess its either the psu not delivering enough power or the gpu as some problem. Should i send any of them for RMA? Ive never had any issues with them in the past even when playing for quite some hours on oc. not even got temps over 75ºC ever i think

Update: now i underclocked it and the shutdowns are gone. unfortunatly i dont know anyone who can borrow me a psu or gpu to try to see whats the problem

EclipseL

Commendable
May 4, 2016

so...i took the gpu and psu out gave them a good clean as they were getting a little bit dusty, checked the cables, everything looked fine (dont have any spare ones to try), tried to use the different psu sockets for pci-e and the problem continues :(