Question Signal Loss (New PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2021
Hi, guys!

For some unknown reason I have been having "signal" issues with a PC I bought two weeks ago for gaming. Sometimes my TV tells me there's no signal, and this suddenly and randomly happens (once or twice a day) when I'm surfing the Internet or just scrolling through stuff. This never occurs when I'm actually playing video games. GTA 5 and Mortal Kombat 11 are the only ones I've installed and played on my PC since I acquired it. By the way, all drivers are up-to-date. Surprisingly enough, every time I unplug the HDMI 2.0 cable from either the graphics card or TV port and plug it back in, the signal is restored instantly. I would like to know if there's something out there that could fix this issue without me having to return the PC. Last time I did that, although it was many years ago, the guy who repaired it also replaced the "detective parts" with used components, and I couldn't stand that. The technical support guy keeps telling me that the HDMI 2.0 cable is the problem, but I've used it with my laptop countless times in the past, and I have never experienced signal loss using my laptop.

Specs:
  • MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Board
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • XPG Spectrix D50 DDR4 8Gb 3000MHz RGB x 2
  • XPG M.2 Spectrix S40G PCIe 512GB RGB
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER GAMING X
  • Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L
  • Cooler Master ELITE 500W - V3
70UN7100 LED 4K-UHD LG SmartTV

HDMI Cable 4K 10ft, iVANKY 18Gbps High Speed HDMI 2.0 Cable, 4K HDR, HDCP 2.2/1.4, 3D, 2160P, 1080P, Ethernet - Braided HDMI Cord 32AWG, Audio Return(ARC) Compatible UHD TV, Blu-ray, Monitor

Thanks in advance for your help.

The fact that you used the cable "many times" in the past could be a good reason enough to try another cable.

Since a cable is easy to replace this is what you should start with.

This kind of issue can be a PSU, GPU, Monitor, Cable etc. Easier to start with the cable.

Apr 13, 2021
The fact that you used the cable "many times" in the past could be a good reason enough to try another cable.

Since a cable is easy to replace this is what you should start with.

This kind of issue can be a PSU, GPU, Monitor, Cable etc. Easier to start with the cable.

The HDMI 2.0 cable is three-months old, but I've used it many times already with my laptop to know it's not a faulty cable. I have another HDMI cable but it's 1.0. Should I try to use it anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.