[SOLVED] Silent and comfortable keyboard for typing

foroomate

Honorable
May 18, 2018
Hi,
I need a recommendation on a silent keyboard. I type a lot so it's also important that it won't be hard on my fingers. My current keyboard is really hard to type on and is really loud (Logitech K350).
Budget: I guess I want it to be "best for the price" so not too expensive but just throw me everything you got and I'll choose

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
You're technically asking for a mechanical switched keyboard and one which is equipped with Cherry's MX Red Switches. They aren't exactly cheap but you can find a Corsair K65(the vanilla version) for about 50USD on Ebay. You didn't exactly state a budget.

No, rubber domed keyboards will be cheap ofc but they won't be quiet and you will bottom out meaning more force on the fingers.

Reactions: foroomate

foroomate

Honorable
May 18, 2018
I've never owned a mechanical keyboard. I always thought it was on the louder side actually. You're saying that it's more quiet? I really want to try but it's just too expensive. I guess my budget is lower than you'd expect (50$ +/-)

The keyboard you mentioned is about 150$, not 50$

Last edited:

foroomate

Honorable
May 18, 2018
Guys what about the Redragon K582? Just found it on Amazon it's MX RED equivalent mechanical keyboard for under 50$... But how are "equivalent" keys? has anyone tried? I am using the Redragon M601 mouse and it's OK.. for the price of course (comfortable and rather accurate)

foroomate

Honorable
May 18, 2018
Ye I think I will get it since I have their M601 mouse which I had good experience with.. But of course you can give me more advice.
And about the "known brands" mechanical keyboard prices: If Redragon can sell it for this price, I'm sure that their price is not worth 100$+.. Just stop paying this ridiculous price and see how it drops. We can't be hostages of those brands.

Reactions: Endre

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Reactions: foroomate and Endre
Solution

foroomate

Honorable
May 18, 2018
Yes, they are. That’s why I, first, recommended the Microsoft keyboard.
Sorry about that, didn't realise that's the reason!

I recently bough this Redragon K502 (silent keyboard):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LSGKEC4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wasn't sure if I'd like it because I was replacing a Cooler Master MS120 Mem-chanical keyboard:
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/peripheral/keyboards/masterset-ms120/

I have only had the redragon for about a week but I have to say that I actually am starting to like it now that I am getting used to it.

Thank you for the feedback! haven't seen this keyboard yet! I mean after using their mouse I was quite happy as well.

**Edit: I always avoided those flat-switches keyboards, they always seem like hard to type on, am I wrong? I type alot! this keyboard is specifically for gaming and less for typing while I actually do more typing

Last edited:
MX Silent and MX Speed switches are quiet, and have a softer typing feel than MX Reds. Keyboards with those are a lot less common though, I have a Corsair keyboard with them I got from BestBuy. They go on sale every so often, you can get for for a pretty good discount of normal pricing.