Silent Base 800 is be quiet!'s First Case and Looks Promising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneiky

Distinguished
Using be quiet! products for a while - I do say - they are one of the top dogs in the game. Not a lot of people know them and the german company products are mostly available in Europe, but they are walking circles around the competition. Make this one with a red tint instead of orange and I am damn sold.

Shneiky

Distinguished
I definitely agree. But, I do wish they made a version with mesh front and 5.25 meshed bay covers without a hinged door. (Yes, I am a sucker for meshes. M-m-m meeesh! A reason why I got the HAF 912+ long ago)

serendipiti

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
"Pricing will be set at €119 in Europe, which means that if this case comes to the US we can expect a price tag of about $119. European availability is expected for October."
What did it happen with the 1.35 exchange rate ? shouldn't be ~ 160$... yes I know, this happens sadly too often... probably CE should do something about...

Lutfij

Titan
ubercake,
practical case indeed! Up until now that was held by Corsair but now the market is opening up with the likes of Phanteks and now Be Quiet. Ofc both of them are attributed to an European design background.

I'll also be waiting to see if they think upon the mitx market... /ponders/

ninong

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
I definitely agree. But, I do wish they made a version with mesh front and 5.25 meshed bay covers without a hinged door. (Yes, I am a sucker for meshes. M-m-m meeesh! A reason why I got the HAF 912+ long ago)

but then it won't be quiet! anymore.

Shneiky

Distinguished
It will be. I got 2 be quiet! fans at the front of my case directly behind the mesh. Even when my ear is 20 cm away from the 2 fans, I can hear the fridge louder which is 8 meters away from me.

"Pricing will be set at €119 in Europe, which means that if this case comes to the US we can expect a price tag of about $119. European availability is expected for October."
What did it happen with the 1.35 exchange rate ? shouldn't be ~ 160$... yes I know, this happens sadly too often... probably CE should do something about...

Much of it is due to VAT. In Europe, VAT is included in the price and the VAT rate is typically around 20%. In the US, sales tax is not included in the price and is typically a lower rate as well.

Many NZXT cases also incorporate all of the simple things that make this be quiet case! great.

I especially like SSD drive mounts behind the motherboard tray. This is a great use of otherwise unused space. It's easily accessible for when you want to add/swap drives. I have two SSDs behind my motherboard tray on my Phantom 630. Also, I think the whole removable drive bay options are a fantastic feature. I won't buy another case that doesn't offer this. I like to remove the drive bays completely when I begin a build since it gives you a lot more uninhibited space with which to work. You could say 'Why not make the case thinner instead of putting the SSD mounts back there?', but you need some width behind the motherboard tray for cable management anyway.

Also, removing unneeded drive bay modules facilitates better air flow. It's really an old design in cases (many costing $$$s) with non-removable drive bays immediately blocking the flow of air from the front intake fans. Moving forward, I will only consider cases with removable drive bay options.

BlueCyberPhantomX

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
this is THE SEXIEST case I've put my eyes on in a long while, just make the HDD cages have full orange coloured sides instead of construction site theming, and you can seriously have my money... and I reckon it'd be around ~150 - 210 USDs...

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Using be quiet! products for a while - I do say - they are one of the top dogs in the game. Not a lot of people know them and the german company products are mostly available in Europe, but they are walking circles around the competition. Make this one with a red tint instead of orange and I am damn sold.

Good to hear, also I concur with your red tint.

Faelix

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Got me interested in this case simply because Be Quiet! (What a loud name! lol) makes some of the best fans on the market. And them puts them in their case.

Even Corsair sticks some second rate fans into their cases, and then you can buy their top of the line fans separately, adding much to the price of the case.

arcwindz

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
This is going to be my next case! In a glance, looks like a marriage between define R4 and Bitfenix ghost. Now, if the perform as good as corsair and quiet, this will be the new king for silent mid -tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.