Silicon Power Intros HDD with Folding Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

50m drops and 500C temperatures? Are you using your external drive inside a volcano?

kennethkaniff

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
I had to dig up log in info just to post a comment here about how terrible silicon power is. Seriously kevin, please don't ever post anything about SP. They make you send your stuff to taiwan for rma service. Products often fail right outside warranty periods. Even if it was in warranty you have to PAY to send it to taiwan for your rma. I've had three usb drives that WERE in warranty fail and was sent an email stating that all RMA's had to he shipped across the world to taiwan. Please never even talk about this company so they will retreat into the shadows and hopefully die. I can't believe other countries even import their substandard products. A shiny turd is still a turd.

f1174066

Honorable
May 26, 2013

Personally id like to see HDDs what are capable surviving black holes.

kennethkaniff

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
I had to dig up log in info just to post a comment here about how terrible silicon power is. Seriously kevin, please don't ever post anything about SP. They make you send your stuff to taiwan for rma service. Products often fail right outside warranty periods. Even if it was in warranty you have to PAY to send it to taiwan for your rma. I've had three usb drives that WERE in warranty fail and was sent an email stating that all RMA's had to he shipped across the world to taiwan. Please never even talk about this company so they will retreat into the shadows and hopefully die. I can't believe other countries even import their substandard products. A shiny turd is still a turd.

bootsattheboar

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Dur. Just because you cut out a corner like the nook does not make it an innovate "folding" design. I know tom's needs content, authors need views to get paid, and it's easy-peasy to regurgitate press releases, but please stop with the click-bait.
Checkout iosafe's products if you want an HDD that can survive a housefire.

Status
Not open for further replies.