Review Silicon Power UD90 SSD Review: New Value Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this SSD is better recommended as a value-choice for drives on PCs/laptops, perhaps leaning towards a power-efficiency slant. For any new system that supports PCIe 4.0, especially with a new build, I can't imagine why you wouldn't go with the better SSDs (980 Pro, SN850, etc.) on sale pricing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rdslw

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
Why is $94 for 1 TB considered a "New Value Champion", while almost every other company's 1 TB is about the same price??

Are they all value champs now as well? Samsung's 970 and 980 are also about the same price!!

I think this SSD is better recommended as a value-choice for drives on PCs/laptops, perhaps leaning towards a power-efficiency slant. For any new system that supports PCIe 4.0, especially with a new build, I can't imagine why you wouldn't go with the better SSDs (980 Pro, SN850, etc.) on sale pricing.
Most I/O happens at QD1 on Windows, and this drive is faster than most of the competiton. I dare say this drive will feel snappier in real world use than a 980 Pro.

Obviously, if you find 980 pro at the same price, then there is no reason not to. I am happy that fast drives are getting cheaper, and more popular, that's all. Ud90 seems decent as well, it Survives 600GB at 2GB/s mark, and like 90GB at full speed and that seems enough for me. Definitely gets DECENT drive stamp.
I would pick one that make the least heat, as I learned hard way, the second m2 on my laptop is right where I keep my palm, and WD black I picked is just so unpleasant I really consider replacing it just because it makes my pams sweaty for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.