Silverstone Crown CW03 HTPC Case

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillLake

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
The Hitachi 7" is devoid of part numbers, they do not include this on the display and I did not want to take it any further apart to see if it was internal to the unit.

As for simultaneously drive both a LCD and the small display that will work with DVD's but I have not been able to drive both with Blu-Ray. This seems to be a protection issue as I can get both to work independantly but not at the same time. Perhaps there is a software program that overcomes this issue but I have played Blu-Ray movies on the 7" screen and on my TV independantly but again when I try to do simultaneous display it gives me the protection error that this is not supported.

martinsykes

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
Thanks Bill,
I purchased the HD Fury 2 emulator (from ebay) to drive my Panasonic 36" CRT through its component input to 720P (and potentially 1080P) from a Blue-ray player's HDMI ouput. This emulator can apparently generate the HDCP handshake to maintain the HD signal. I could purchase another unit to sit between the 7" LCD VGA input and a DVI to HDMI adapter from the GC, but I understand that custom scaling tweaks via ATI/Nvidia control panel may cause further problems?

martinsykes

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
Bill,
I have just received some advice from another site which suggest that a Gefen DVI to VGA Conversion Box (pre-programmed with an EDID of 1920x1080@60hz (1080P) could be placed between the second GC output and the 7" LCD VGA input. Although this rather expensive solution ($399) would solve any potential scaling problems it would appear that another HD Fury 2 would be required to maintain the HDCP handshake.

BillLake

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Well my budget would not absorb that much more to do the simultanious displays so I settled for just the TV being the playback medium and it works well, I upgraded to a new ATI 4850 to get the HDMI upgrade, it looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.