SilverStone Lists ML06 HTPC Mini-ITX Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgriff

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Nice, real nice. I'm glad to see case makers putting more focus into the mini itx form factor. PC parts are only going to get smaller, cooler and more efficient. There's really no need for anything bigger than a mini itx now a days unless you're into sli. Throw in a Asus gtx 760 mini and this thing would be a nice little gaming machine.

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
@Jgriff "There's really no need for anything bigger than a mini itx now a days unless you're into sli."

Not really. For a mini ITX case, it gets pretty hard to fit a full size power supply. Even though idle power consumption is very low these days and passive cooling might work, the CPU and GPU still gets pretty hot when fully loaded and cooling is needed. So you still need some room for the air to flow and fans to push the air. The smaller the case gets, the louder the fans will be. I have a Lian Li mini itx box with a core i7, gtx460, water cooling, and it takes so much effort to just dust the thing. I wish I just went with a good full size case. Then I would have made it a dead silent desktop.

Braddo

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
It seems HTPC is a dying trend but I love mine and refuse to give it up. I've searched for years and still haven't found a case that I like. All I want is a slim good looking case, about the same dimensions as most DVR's to house a low power micro\mini-ITX motherboard with a slim expansion slot in the front for a slot load Blu-Ray drive and an LCD display. I have the Silverstone ML-02 which was close to being perfect but falls a little short on a few details. Please Silverstone give me an ML-02 v2

son of man

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
"There's really no need for anything bigger than a mini itx now a days unless you're into sli."

Some people have loads of hd movies, documentaries, etc. My HAF X currently has 5 drives installed, and I'll probably fill up 5 more. We're not too common, but people like me need a little more breathing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.