SilverStone Outed An SFF Case For ‘Power Users’ At Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtd871

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
PIO boards are as rare as hen's teeth stateside, so I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for this case or boards to put in it. Not a consumer product.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
That's hilarious. I built my own little SFF case out of parts (aluminium u-channel, plastic sides, etc which is laid out almost exactly like that to a T. Only difference is that I have the motherboard and GPU swapped. 450w SFX power supply, GTX 1060, Xeon E3-1230 v1 and 16GB DDR3. Two 2.5" drives.

Running the F@H on it gets it a little warm until I dropped in an additional fan to move more fresh air in and out the top.

nikolajj

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
A Silverstone FTZ case with GPU and CPU intake on the same side? FINALLY! Now it can go into the horizontal position without choking the GPU.

If it ends up good, I might even buy one...

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
I've only seen PIO boards mentioned once before, so I'm not very familiar with them. Judging by the relatively bare IO panel, the board in the photos doesn't have a lot of features. If that's indicative of the PIO boards available, it may be hard to position this case for "power users".

bloodroses

Distinguished
I wonder, can you use a mini-itx board and a riser ribbon cable on the pcie slot in this case instead of a PIO board? The fact that the CPU and GPU fans are oriented the same way is a definite plus over my RVZ-01b.

gc9

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Getting smaller. Someday small-form-factor cases will fit (airline) carry-on bags/packs.
(This is 395mm × 380mm × 86mm. 380mm is 40-60mm too large, airline dependent.)

Status
Not open for further replies.