simple.bs script

I used to have a really nice (and simple) script, that I thought was
called "Simple.bs"

The two features I remember it having (that I liked) were that thieves
would "always" search for traps, if they weren't in combat, and it
would base attacks on what order weapons were in inventory slots (so if
you had a bow in the first slot a character would do ranged attacks by
default).

Generally it was a small and lightweight script and it was meant to
take care of micro-managing, not be a "do-everything" script. It may
have had some other small features, but, those are the two I remember.

I found a copy at this site:

http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/winelodge/79/

I tagged it to Imoen. However, she's _not_ searching for traps
automatically. Which leads me to wonder if I'm using the wrong script.

I extracted 'simple.bs' to the scripts/ directory.
I made sure Imoen was using simple.bs (not simple.bcs or simple.txt).
I made sure Imoen does have the simple script assigned to her.

Any suggestions on getting it to work (or getting the correct script?)

Gwen

Jeffo

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

On 20 Mar 2005 20:43:05 -0800, "Gwen Morse" <gwen.morse@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I used to have a really nice (and simple) script, that I thought was
>called "Simple.bs"
>
>The two features I remember it having (that I liked) were that thieves
>would "always" search for traps, if they weren't in combat, and it
>would base attacks on what order weapons were in inventory slots (so if
>you had a bow in the first slot a character would do ranged attacks by
>default).
>
>Generally it was a small and lightweight script and it was meant to
>take care of micro-managing, not be a "do-everything" script. It may
>have had some other small features, but, those are the two I remember.
>
>I found a copy at this site:
>
>http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/winelodge/79/
>
>I tagged it to Imoen. However, she's _not_ searching for traps
>automatically. Which leads me to wonder if I'm using the wrong script.
>
>I extracted 'simple.bs' to the scripts/ directory.
>I made sure Imoen was using simple.bs (not simple.bcs or simple.txt).
>I made sure Imoen does have the simple script assigned to her.
>
>Any suggestions on getting it to work (or getting the correct script?)

Do you have AI turned on? Sometimes I turn it off to micro manage,
forget to turn it back on, and think my scripts have stopped working
once I'm done with whatever encounter I wanted to micro manage.

Thanks
jeffo

"Gwen Morse" <gwen.morse@gmail.com> wrote in news:1111380185.520075.50030
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> I used to have a really nice (and simple) script, that I thought was
> called "Simple.bs"
>
> The two features I remember it having (that I liked) were that thieves
> would "always" search for traps, if they weren't in combat, and it
> would base attacks on what order weapons were in inventory slots (so if
> you had a bow in the first slot a character would do ranged attacks by
> default).
>
> Generally it was a small and lightweight script and it was meant to
> take care of micro-managing, not be a "do-everything" script. It may
> have had some other small features, but, those are the two I remember.
>
> I found a copy at this site:
>
> http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/winelodge/79/
>
> I tagged it to Imoen. However, she's _not_ searching for traps
> automatically. Which leads me to wonder if I'm using the wrong script.
>
> I extracted 'simple.bs' to the scripts/ directory.
> I made sure Imoen was using simple.bs (not simple.bcs or simple.txt).
> I made sure Imoen does have the simple script assigned to her.
>
> Any suggestions on getting it to work (or getting the correct script?)

I have scripts which base attacks by weapon slots, and a thief script
which does what you need. It may have been one of my scripts...I will
send it to you if you like.

Gwen Morse schrieb:
> I used to have a really nice (and simple) script, that I thought was
> called "Simple.bs"
>
> The two features I remember it having (that I liked) were that thieves
> would "always" search for traps, if they weren't in combat, and it
> would base attacks on what order weapons were in inventory slots (so if
> you had a bow in the first slot a character would do ranged attacks by
> default).
>
> Generally it was a small and lightweight script and it was meant to
> take care of micro-managing, not be a "do-everything" script. It may
> have had some other small features, but, those are the two I remember.
>
> I found a copy at this site:
>
> http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/winelodge/79/
>
> I tagged it to Imoen. However, she's _not_ searching for traps
> automatically. Which leads me to wonder if I'm using the wrong script.
>
> I extracted 'simple.bs' to the scripts/ directory.
> I made sure Imoen was using simple.bs (not simple.bcs or simple.txt).
> I made sure Imoen does have the simple script assigned to her.
>
> Any suggestions on getting it to work (or getting the correct script?)

Is she wearing anything that prevents her from using her thieving skills?
Martin

"Gwen Morse" <gwen.morse@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I used to have a really nice (and simple) script, that I thought was
> called "Simple.bs"
>
> The two features I remember it having (that I liked) were that thieves
> would "always" search for traps, if they weren't in combat, and it
> would base attacks on what order weapons were in inventory slots (so if
> you had a bow in the first slot a character would do ranged attacks by
> default).
>
> Generally it was a small and lightweight script and it was meant to
> take care of micro-managing, not be a "do-everything" script. It may
> have had some other small features, but, those are the two I remember.
>
> I found a copy at this site:
>
> http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/winelodge/79/
>
> I tagged it to Imoen. However, she's _not_ searching for traps
> automatically. Which leads me to wonder if I'm using the wrong script.
>
> I extracted 'simple.bs' to the scripts/ directory.
> I made sure Imoen was using simple.bs (not simple.bcs or simple.txt).
> I made sure Imoen does have the simple script assigned to her.
>
> Any suggestions on getting it to work (or getting the correct script?)
>
> Gwen

I tested it, and finding traps turns on automatically for Imoen. As others
have suggested, ensure that AI is on. Can you manually turn on detect
traps? You are playing BG2 right? This script won't work with BG1.

Dean Jarratt wrote:

> "Gwen Morse" <gwen.morse@gmail.com> wrote in news:1111380185.520075.50030
> @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>

>>I used to have a really nice (and simple) script, that I thought was
>>called "Simple.bs"
>>
>>The two features I remember it having (that I liked) were that thieves
>>would "always" search for traps, if they weren't in combat, and it
>>would base attacks on what order weapons were in inventory slots (so if
>>you had a bow in the first slot a character would do ranged attacks by
>>default).
>>
>>Generally it was a small and lightweight script and it was meant to
>>take care of micro-managing, not be a "do-everything" script. It may
>>have had some other small features, but, those are the two I remember.
>>
>>I found a copy at this site:
>>
>>http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/winelodge/79/
>>
>>I tagged it to Imoen. However, she's _not_ searching for traps
>>automatically. Which leads me to wonder if I'm using the wrong script.
>>
>>I extracted 'simple.bs' to the scripts/ directory.
>>I made sure Imoen was using simple.bs (not simple.bcs or simple.txt).
>>I made sure Imoen does have the simple script assigned to her.
>>
>>Any suggestions on getting it to work (or getting the correct script?)
>

> I have scripts which base attacks by weapon slots, and a thief script
> which does what you need. It may have been one of my scripts...I will
> send it to you if you like.

That sounds like something I could use. I'm terrible at this. Would you
mind sending me a copy?

Thanks.

Mike

--
AOL AIM: Jon Ne Reb
Yahoo Messenger: frostbitemike

email treesqueak (at) gci (dot) net

ATCSMike <final@frontier.net> wrote in

> Dean Jarratt wrote:
>
>> "Gwen Morse" <gwen.morse@gmail.com> wrote in
>> news:1111380185.520075.50030 @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>>

>>>I used to have a really nice (and simple) script, that I thought was
>>>called "Simple.bs"
>>>
>>>The two features I remember it having (that I liked) were that
>>>thieves would "always" search for traps, if they weren't in combat,
>>>and it would base attacks on what order weapons were in inventory
>>>slots (so if you had a bow in the first slot a character would do
>>>ranged attacks by default).
>>>
>>>Generally it was a small and lightweight script and it was meant to
>>>take care of micro-managing, not be a "do-everything" script. It may
>>>have had some other small features, but, those are the two I
>>>remember.
>>>
>>>I found a copy at this site:
>>>
>>>http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/winelodge/79/
>>>
>>>I tagged it to Imoen. However, she's _not_ searching for traps
>>>automatically. Which leads me to wonder if I'm using the wrong
>>>script.
>>>
>>>I extracted 'simple.bs' to the scripts/ directory.
>>>I made sure Imoen was using simple.bs (not simple.bcs or simple.txt).
>>>I made sure Imoen does have the simple script assigned to her.
>>>
>>>Any suggestions on getting it to work (or getting the correct
>>>script?)
>>

>> I have scripts which base attacks by weapon slots, and a thief script
>> which does what you need. It may have been one of my scripts...I will
>> send it to you if you like.
>
> That sounds like something I could use. I'm terrible at this. Would
> you mind sending me a copy?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike

Will do Mike... ;)

Dean Jarratt wrote:
> ATCSMike <final@frontier.net> wrote in
>

>>Dean Jarratt wrote:
>>

>>>"Gwen Morse" <gwen.morse@gmail.com> wrote in
>>>news:1111380185.520075.50030 @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

>>>I have scripts which base attacks by weapon slots, and a thief script
>>>which does what you need. It may have been one of my scripts...I will
>>>send it to you if you like.
>>
>>That sounds like something I could use. I'm terrible at this. Would
>>you mind sending me a copy?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Mike
>>

> Will do Mike... ;)

Got it.

Thanks. :)

--

Mprilla wrote:
> The place to get good AI scripts that work well is here.
>
> http://hometown.aol.com/mprilla/myhomepage/profile.html

Except that they don't, as many in this group have confirmed in the
past. I suggest you pass on them. It'll make your life a lot easier if
you get a virtual restraining order against any of his scripts.