[SOLVED] simply cannot get rid of webroot completely...in particular wrsvc.exe!

berbes

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2015
a client tried webroot and did not like it, he tried to uninstall it, but no go.

it lives in c:\program files (x86)\webroot\

i've tried DOS and 3rd party software, but there's no way i can delete it. weird. i even tried to re-install to try another way to get rid of it, but it won't let me do that either!

Solution
When you say third party software, does that include other OSes?

When I'm having very severe difficulties deleting files in Windows, even after a complete clean Windows reinstall, I boot from a USB thumb drive containg Knoppix. It can be run entirely from the thumb drive, so no installation is required. It is also free and easy to use

There are other free Linux distros to choose from

It has never failed on me, but I can't know if you already tried something similar. But it could be worth considering, if it is only individual folders and files left to be deleted
When you say third party software, does that include other OSes?

When I'm having very severe difficulties deleting files in Windows, even after a complete clean Windows reinstall, I boot from a USB thumb drive containg Knoppix. It can be run entirely from the thumb drive, so no installation is required. It is also free and easy to use

There are other free Linux distros to choose from

It has never failed on me, but I can't know if you already tried something similar. But it could be worth considering, if it is only individual folders and files left to be deleted

Last edited:
Reactions: Alabalcho
Solution