Since Blackout, CPU Performance Is Down And Performance Issues In General

• Thread starter Deleted member 2495892
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2495892

So earlier today there was a tiny little one second blackout during a thunderstorm (we frequently have blackouts here at this time of year during storms), no big deal. So I rebooted my pc and all was well for like half an hour. While watching youtube my computer suddenly could not handle anything. Opening anything took a minute or over. So I rebooted. I opened task manager and watched the performance tab, did some virus scans on 2 different softwares and found nothing. But what I noticed is my CPU would suddenly drop from running at 2.9 ghz to 1.5 or lower... so while playing fortnite I experienced stuttering and fps drops in my third match, after dying I was sent to a loading screen that I was stuck in for five minutes, then suddenly I stopped getting an output from my monitor, rebooted, and now all is well again. Anyone got an idea?

Here are my specs, but before you say 'you shouldn't be gaming on this system in the first place.', I already know it's a bad rig, calm down, it's bad but it's never done this before today. I can run most games at 60+ fps on 900p low settings, it's not an amazing pc but it's what I have for the time being.
CPU: i3 530 (I was planning on upgrading to a ryzen 5 2600 but can't yet.)
GPU: RX 560 2GB
RAM: 6GB DDR3
MOBO: GA-H55M-USB3

Edit 1: Since the blackout I've just realised settings in both steam and fortnite do not save, and upon pc restart return to default settings, weird.